RetroWoW Forum

Full Version: PvE BiS gear, talents, basics & rotations, buffs & consumables spreadsheet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
An abstract PvE related overview of Vanilla on Retro:
  • BiS gear
  • talent specs
  • class basics
  • rotations
Obviously some gear/talent choices are debatable and situational (encounter, group comp and buff scaling). Tailored to the current Retro core, subject to change for core updates.

PvE BiS gear, talents, class basics & rotations

The spreadsheet also features some bonus PvE stuff:
  • a¬†buff & consumable sheet, listing stuff used for endgame raiding in 2006
  • a list of class buffs and debuffs
  • a melee group/buff setup for speedruns
  • a caster group/buff setup for speedruns
  • a list of interesting items
  • client settings
  • How to keybind 90 abilities, all ergonomically accessible while moving <-- newly added
  • macros
  • an addon list and my UI (AddOns and WTF folder)
  • Retro specific attunements and how to most efficiently do them
  • boss stats and how they're affected by classes.
The spreadsheet will be updated over time, there won't be a changelog though.
Hi,

Can any1 please explain why is Broken tooth considered the best pet? Some forums say wind serpent from zg or lupos.
cuz his attack speed
Thanks for this. Very nice work. The consumables cheatsheet was especially very helpful, I had completely forgotten about the Blasted Lands stat buffs.
Np, thanks! Having forgotten a lot myself, was a trigger for me to start relearning and to make the document :).
Thank you for the DPS chart! I am wondering how Orc was figured to be the top dps for a PvE rogue. It seems everywhere I look online elsewhere says that either troll or human is top PvE dps. Even messing around with the excel chart it had Human as top dps.
the orc racial blood fury is bugged on retro. it grants +25% total AP (including bonus AP); it should grant only +25% base AP.

additionally, getting hungering cold is easy on retro. combined with talents, any race can reach the softcap for weapon skill. note, this doesn't make the human racial obsolete (human with thunderfury is more dps than non-human with hungering cold).

that said, bugged blood fury + accessibility of hungering cold make orc the best race.

after the core merge, i don't think orc will remain the best rogue race. it will be either human or troll, depending on whether the new core's weapon skill formula soft caps at 315 or 310.
Amazing info Calder. Thank you for the clarification. Smile
(05-31-2018, 09:28 AM)calder Wrote: [ -> ]the orc racial blood fury is bugged on retro. it grants +25% total AP (including bonus AP); it should grant only +25% base AP.

additionally, getting hungering cold is easy on retro. combined with talents, any race can reach the softcap for weapon skill. note, this doesn't make the human racial obsolete (human with thunderfury is more dps than non-human with hungering cold).

that said, bugged blood fury + accessibility of hungering cold make orc the best race.

after the core merge, i don't think orc will remain the best rogue race. it will be either human or troll, depending on whether the new core's weapon skill formula soft caps at 315 or 310.

I still need someone to explain to me how can thunderfury do more dmg than THC.
(05-31-2018, 11:16 PM)samrogue Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-31-2018, 09:28 AM)calder Wrote: [ -> ]the orc racial blood fury is bugged on retro. it grants +25% total AP (including bonus AP); it should grant only +25% base AP.

I still need someone to explain to me how can thunderfury do more dmg than THC.
Ofc it doesn't that guy is high as fuk, THC has 20 more dps than tf.
Pages: 1 2