Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Will Paladins Be Fixed?
Just wondering if paladins will be fixed to make Ret a viable spec again. Was away for a year and I came back to find my BiS (or what was BiS anyway) pala doing below average damage even when soc procs as deep ret. Ret palas used to be like enh shammies, average damage with procs/crits, good dmage with procs or crits, great damage with both procs and crits. Now though it's poor damage without procs/crits, Average with them.

I heard people were one shotting with berserking, vengeance, proc and crit. But i'm sure many classes can one shot with berserking. I remember BiS wars criting on mortal strike for 2.5k without beserking, and that's on demand damage not rng. Pyros can one shot without berserking. A warlock hit me for just under 4k with a shadowbolt earlier and finished with shadowburn instantly after (not sure if berserking or not but i couldn't see the red hands)

Seems kinda harsh to kill off a spec after all the time and effort invested into gearing from S to BiS when most classes are capable of one shot kills without having to rely on rng procs.
Dude are you stupid?

They fixed it because it was doing double damage so wtf are you talking about
(01-17-2018, 11:36 AM)Moranto Wrote: Dude are you stupid?

They fixed it because it was doing double damage so wtf are you talking about

They fixed it by making it do tiny damage even in naxx level gear? It was rng based, In bis I was doing 2k-2.2k soc+crit prots with sanctity aura and vengeance (+25% holy total), And only if i Proc'd AND crit, which isn't very likely even in bis with just over 30% crit chance. Now when i wear my bis gear from a year ago, it does about 300-400dmg non crit...and thats rng based. imagine if windfury proc'd for 300dmg 20% of the time, That's just retarded.

From what i hear soc was, and still is, bugged with berserking to do more damage thaan it should. If that's an issue fix that don't make an entire talent tree obsolete. The old soc damage wasn't even comparable to bis shadowbolts, pyro blasts etc.. and a bis warrior would do more damage on a short cd mortal strike crit than i would on a rng+crit proc. It wasn't unbalanced unless you was starter gear, but every class can one shot a starter gear depending on spec. 

The point of this thread is just to find out if ret pala will be made a viable spec again, at the moment you have to hope for a proc AND a crit just to do average dmg for bis. Rng is supposed to have a big pay off to make up for your crap dmg the rest of the time. Paladin soc made ret viable, now it's trash which makes all the time spent gearing my pala before a waste of effort, I have a full set of bis gear now that is worthless now. So yeah queue violins because they killed of my main.
Check out the PTR- sOc is fixed there, or atleast it seems to be. Still bad damage though, but thats just the reality of rets.
(01-17-2018, 01:26 PM)Vinkelsliper Wrote: Check out the PTR- sOc is fixed there, or atleast it seems to be. Still bad damage though, but thats just the reality of rets.

Shame it was good the way it was. I just want to know if ret will go back to being viable or not, I like the server but i don't want to waste my time if my main won't be worth playing again. Ret dmg should be much better than it is in BiS and i've never been a fan of reckadin
they still oneshot if good played and bis or near bis just need MoM
the state of pals is good and viable no need to be buffed or nerfed
ret were buffed before, now they are nerfed (for several months now)

On nost core it's fixed (you can check by yourself by making a ret on ptr realm, you have 200k gold for free), so you just have to wait for new core release mate
(01-17-2018, 06:35 PM)walenkryx Wrote: ret were buffed before, now they are nerfed (for several months now)

On nost core it's fixed (you can check by yourself by making a ret on ptr realm, you have 200k gold for free), so you just have to wait for new core release mate

Yeah will do thanks, that video is about a shaman though so didn't help me much ^^
SoC does great damage if the target is stunned - people might be fooled to think soc works. While not stunned it hits like a wet noodle.
nerf palas
[Image: SvXn7qAQIbA.jpg]