Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invisible Poison Clouds on Grobbulus
Hi gang!

So during the Grobbulus fight, no poison clouds are visible for me. I've been asking around in world chat, and it seems a few other players have also been having this problem. I've tried messing around with the Video Options, I deleted my WTF and WDB folders, but nothing seems to work.

Here's a photo of my settings incase you guys see anything wrong. 

https://imgur.com/a/UsYe3NL
The ONLY left Is improving texture detail.

Then its GG and youll have to reinstall.
Is your computer not able to max all settings? Even if it runs as a slideshow see if you can see the clouds.

In normal circumstances, blizzard knew that some people would be raiding on minimum settings and there would be some like low-res version of the cloud that even a potato of a computer could draw. But apparently your client is an exception, so other than maxing all settings and once and slowly lowering them periodically I'm not sure what else can be done because this is very specific to your set-up.

Also you need a controlled environment to test this in, which is problematic because it is during a boss encounter.

For curiosity sake, what are the specs of your computer?

If your computer struggles at max settings at your current resolution of 1280x800, you could always try maxing the settings (all sliders full) and lowering your resolution to 800x600. You'll probably have to change your UI scale otherwise your bars will take up like 30% of the screen. 

If all the above fails you can try on a fresh client, but I really doubt that will have any effect.

Edit: Just noticed something else, the game will run a lot better in fullscreen mode versus windowed mode.
(06-14-2018, 10:06 PM)Feltham Wrote: Is your computer not able to max all settings? Even if it runs as a slideshow see if you can see the clouds.

In normal circumstances, blizzard knew that some people would be raiding on minimum settings and there would be some like low-res version of the cloud that even a potato of a computer could draw. But apparently your client is an exception, so other than maxing all settings and once and slowly lowering them periodically I'm not sure what else can be done because this is very specific to your set-up.

Also you need a controlled environment to test this in, which is problematic because it is during a boss encounter.

For curiosity sake, what are the specs of your computer?

If your computer struggles at max settings at your current resolution of 1280x800, you could always try maxing the settings (all sliders full) and lowering your resolution to 800x600. You'll probably have to change your UI scale otherwise your bars will take up like 30% of the screen. 

If all the above fails you can try on a fresh client, but I really doubt that will have any effect.

Edit: Just noticed something else, the game will run a lot better in fullscreen mode versus windowed mode.

I think I might just try a fresh client. I'm on a mac, so I had to download a mac version, then download the PC version, and place the WoW.app file into the PC folder and run it from there.

This was a fix worked out by folks on another server, as there is not currently a working vanilla version of WoW for mac (unless I'm mistaken).

I tried the encounter with the settings absolutely maxed.

Thanks for the help!