Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New WoW Player!
Hi, my name is Soldier!

I have always had an interest in World of Warcraft, but have never fully gotten into it. I have watched friends and family members play this game for years and I'm finally ready to experience it for myself.

I have some experience with WoW but nothing to do with builds and raiding. Although, the main thing pushing me to WoW is the raiding. I love player modes that require a lot of teamwork and skill. The only thing holding me back has been how in depth this game is. I have yet to find a friendly new player guide that shows me class rotations and an overall view of a class. I'm hoping that changes here!

I'm excited to learn how to play the game along with all of you and hopefully not annoy you all along the way!
Hi Soldier, welcome to Retro-WoW!

At some point I should just make a post for all new players to read, but refer to a reply I made earlier for some facts about the server:
http://retro-wow.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11971

In regards to finding guides and help, there are resources available. But in order to assist you better, ask specific questions in the appriorate sub-forum. For example, figure out what class you think you're going to play and inquire further.

Same thing goes for raiding, there are general boss mechanics guides available. However due to Retro-WoW's unique 5 man raiding experience, there have been scaling tweaks performed on various mechanics so they operate well in a 5 man environment. Regardless, sites like: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Razorgore_the_Untamed will give you basic information on what to expect when you start a fight. In regards to specific advice, you would have to provide more information.

I'd recommend getting your feet wet, take some time and read about the various classes and specs. Figure out what you think you'll like and give it a go. You may find that your first option wasn't the greatest, but you have the freedom here to basically play any class.

Good luck and enjoy your stay!
  Feltyham (TEAM CANADA)
Hey buddy, welcome! Feel free to message me here on Forums or catch me in-game on any character contained the word "Twitch". Enjoy your stay!
(07-12-2018, 04:37 PM)Flagconsume Wrote: Hey buddy, welcome! Feel free to message me here on Forums or catch me in-game on any character contained the word "Twitch". Enjoy your stay!

sup man can you help me ?
(07-13-2018, 07:23 AM)valreque209 Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 04:37 PM)Flagconsume Wrote: Hey buddy, welcome! Feel free to message me here on Forums or catch me in-game on any character contained the word "Twitch". Enjoy your stay!

sup man can you help me ?

What do you need, mate?