Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NERF PVE
Hello I am PRiViLiGE and I think the raids are too strong right now. Pugging takes way too long, people will leave raids almost every time and with the low amount of people pugging, it takes too long to find more people. With the old core, I admit the raids were undertuned but as they are right now, it is not worth to PvE because the raids are overtuned. New players will struggle with the raids and the pvp scene isn't much better. I think the raids should be nerfed, not to old core, but slightly to make it easier and more possible.
i disagree, i think things are very well tuned at the moment, you just need to actually put some effort , enchant your gear and use consumes now to do harder content without BIS
Hi

I strongly agree, you see the results for yourself, pugs are almost non-existent after the new core, if your denying that fact you are just delusional...  95% of the players only do ch and ci farm or bg's the whole day to get gear. 

The only players whom i met who think pve is well tuned are the one's who already got their full 8+ BiS chars on old core, and most of them do not even raid anymore.

molten core as an example is way too hard, it's impossible to clear with starters, even with ppl who know their classes well... i wiped many many times on domo even with t3 tank... this is just stupid... in my opinion.

This is supposed to be a "fun-server" not a pve-elitist hardcore server, and pve was fun on old core, i can agree it was too easy on some cases on the old core, but the huge difference compared to now is just plain wrong.

i tried to get new gamer friends on to this project, but the struggle is just to harsh for starters now and many of them quitet soon after they recognize how much pain it is to get decent gear, think about how it feels to get rekt in bgs and premades the whole time vs. all the players who get their stuff in ez mode pve, and now its so much harder to pve in every raid... even to gear up a new char without friends is a pretty hard struggle.

And if there is a pug, ppl only want full geared + enchanted players, that another thing that doesnt helps starters or new players...

in bwl you do 1 thing wrong and get a kick, saw it many times, old players or pve elitist are merciless to new players... 

You can't just sit on your 8+ BiS characters from old core and tell every new player or starter all things are balanced and correctly tuned now... it's simply not true.

Do the math, and see for yourself how much time, tears, consumables, gold you need to invest to get gear from pve, compared to just stupiditly farm ci or ch, on old core there was some balance to that, now it's way off.

As i said you see the results... don't listen to the elitists who already got everything on old core, some of them are just liars & toxic, cause they want to farm starters and new players.

That's my honest opinion on the current situation.
Would you please stop crying and learn how to pve?

Raids are already nerfed twice and they are easy as fuck if u know the tactics.

I dont want 2 man tank and spank raids as before.

Even some ppl left on oldcore cuz pve was a "joke".

Learn the tactics and go vote for a free fucking flask.

I saw many noob pugs trying to raid without normal buffs lol.

We cleared the raids with gear that is required to the instance. Eg zg ony with starter. Mc was never a starter raid here however we did clear it with starter gear and normal buffs + flasks and pots.

So stop fucking crying and saying "overtuned" while we did clear all before they were nerfed twice.

About pvp: go fucking AV; you cannot join as a group so no premades.

Try enjoy the game. You guys simply want EZ WoD mod and fully bis in 2 days.

Im tired of noobs like you.

#truthhurts
Apart from one or two encounters, the current content is sufficiently scaled.

I am one of the "toxic, lying elitists who got everything on old core"
I do not "farm starters", I don't even PvP. I could care less about the entire PvP community on this server.

"You can't just sit on your 8+ BiS characters from old core and tell every new player or starter all things are balanced and correctly tuned now... it's simply not true."

Actually I can. I can sit on my BiS character which I've offered to come to your BWL raid on and gain nothing out of, and when you face pull a pack that you don't even understand the mechanics of, I can fairly get salty.

And I can tell you it is correctly tuned. The damage and health is tuned in order to increase the amount of pre-progression needed for content, instead of a 5 man group being able to do MC/BWL/AQ40 all on their first day.
This is how it was on the old core. It was dull, poorly scripted, unexciting.

I've cleared the content on the old core and the new, and I can say with certainty that the balance is fine.

"Do the math, and see for yourself how much time, tears, consumables, gold you need to invest to get gear from pve, compared to just stupiditly farm ci or ch, on old core there was some balance to that, now it's way off."

We actually herb for potions and even make half of our flasks, the other half coming from voting. That is what vanilla was. It was time, tears, and consumes. You do not need to invest gold for gear, the content is scaled in a way that you should acquire gear from easier raids before attempting harder ones.

"And if there is a pug, ppl only want full geared + enchanted players, that another thing that doesnt helps starters or new players"

Because half of players cannot pull their own weight with BiS, why would they want someone with less gear? The issue is the mechanics exist now, and you need a brain and an understanding. Bringing some random T2 rogue who is completely in-optimized with the incorrect spec and no idea how to efficiently play his class is going to lead to a guarantee failure, never mind if he knows the mechanics.

Straight up, 100% the truth, a lot of the people on this server are just bad. Fail to do research and understand the raids or what their class needs. They fail to make an effort to min-max their gear at every opportunity and refuse to enchant anything unless it's BiS. All of this combined with no consumes and their desire to just want tank and spank fights leads to them flamed and kicked. Make an effort to be decent, maybe the "elitists" won't trample you then.

People need to learn to organize their own 5 man group that plays consistently, and come up with their own ways of doing things. I have yet to see this with consistency.
Quote:I don't even PvP. I could care less about the entire PvP community on this server

i don't see your point, cause you are the smallest minority of this server with this statement...

Quote:The damage and health is tuned in order to increase the amount of pre-progression needed for content, instead of a 5 man group being able to do MC/BWL/AQ40 all on their first day

Again, pve elitist stuff, that is far is better off on a "blizzlike vanilla server" instead of retrowow.

Quote:We actually herb for potions and even make half of our flasks, the other half coming from voting. That is what vanilla was. It was time, tears, and consumes.

And this also has nothing to do how retrowow actually was designed, this is not a blizzlike server, or do you think all ppl had the whole year  1000+ stacks of "Graccu's Mince Meat Fruitcake" back in real vanilla; or 5 man raids, or flasks in every bg? i would know cause i played back then. As i said with ur bullshit statments your better off on a blizzlike server if u want all the tears, pain, time consuming farming stuff, i mean the open world is not even fun without pvp, just silent boring farming. 

You are delusional in the sence of how much effort it should be, and this is just your elitist point of view not the actual majority of the playerbase.

I also do vote & farm for myself, so thats no excuse.

Quote:Straight up, 100% the truth, a lot of the people on this server are just bad. 

Do you think a server is actually more fun, if very low pop, and small elitist playerbase community? Some players are better than others this is true, but don't make it impossible for new players or players that are a bit bad...

Quote:I saw many noob pugs trying to raid without normal buffs lol

So what do you consider as "normal buffs" ? Not even back in real vanilla you needed flasks for doing mc or zg as a pre raid BiS in blues...

And there is zero proof anyone did mc or zg as starter without flasks to this day... just t3 ppl telling they did it...

So again i question you guys do you want retrowow to be a pve elitist, time consuming, pug-free, only guildraiding server, with some questionable rules about buffs needed for doing raids, and know every pve fight mechanic possible inside and out even as a starter or bad player, and as a result a small population?
This conversation has already been had over in the suggestion section. Long story short: The gms will likely nerf raids some more when they come back from vacation.
Do you see the results already, look how low the pop is now on this server... i was online today and 5 hours not 1 single PUG for BWL... because it's stupid tuned.

On old core it was fun to gear up alts trough pve... now it's a fucking pain in the ass, 90% of this server pop only do CI / CH farm nowdays.

How much proof / evidence do you need to accept this fact, even the forums are dead?
(08-24-2018, 09:49 PM)Zerosignal Wrote: Do you see the results already, look how low the pop is now on this server... i was online today and 5 hours not 1 single PUG for BWL... because it's stupid tuned.

On old core it was fun to gear up alts trough pve... now it's a fucking pain in the ass, 90% of this server pop only do CI / CH farm nowdays.

How much proof / evidence do you need to accept this fact, even the forums are dead?

Ye, development is frozen atm. I do not think they need proof, they just need their coder(s) to come back.
Hello there PRiViLiGE.

Could you be more specific about what group setups and/or buffs you were using, and for which raid?
A general "this is too hard" doesn't really help, and just comes off as whining.

We designed every raid-tier to be possible in gear only obtainable in the previous tier;
AQ20/ZG in blues, MC in AQ20/ZG gear, BWL in MC gear, etc.

Our testing method (BEFORE the nerfs) was to: (please don't be triggered) Enchant our gear, use a flask, sometimes a food buff, and a Heart of Hakkar buff for raids after ZG (because it now persists through death, much like a flask - wipe all you want)

Every raid is possible, and to someone who's familiar with the content - specially now that it's been reduced even more, quite easy. (I personally went back and 2manned garr & geddon to farm bindings on semi-geared chars, it's still entirely possible to do)

If you're expecting to buy random blue gear off the vendors and jump right into MC/BWL, without enchanting it or putting any thought into how your group setup will work. Then I can understand why you're disapointed, but our aim was to make raiding more meaningful and rewarding for people who actually enjoy doing PvE, with all that it entails (and I'm sorry to say yes, that does include gathering consumeables)

I don't know what else to tell you, or whether you'll even listen, it seems others have tried to talk sense into you already and fallen on deaf ears.

But if you really do want something changed, might I suggest you give specific details on which encounter, which mobs, which spells, to change and how?

Instead of "Diz 2 hurd plz nerf"

Have fun