Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warrior PvP
Remove dual wield spec and put 2 in imp intercept, pvp w/o imp OP? Nty 2 more points in there 1 point left for u to do w/e u want with

Ps i also play w booming voice but both options are aight
:-)
OP as fury is overrated, the rage cost of changing spec for an overpower isn't worth the loss of rage imo
I guess im in for the practicly free crit but if you go fury you go w imp intercept.. combined with the pvp set its amazing mobility i dont c wy i should spent 5 points in imp oh damage :/
Mb if you expect to get pocket healed but idk
Awesome, actual discussion. I could talk about this for hours.

(04-29-2016, 04:39 PM)Devilsphobia Wrote: I'd suggest this for pvp:
Arms: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LhhxdAboxzVVzu0x
Fury: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LhhxzhbZVVzuxxoio
Prot: Just don't...

So, first for your arms build, while the 3/3 improved heroic strike can be personnal preference, HS is a very situational ability when you play arms. You use it when you're trying to dump a full rage bar or are under heavy pressure. Furthermore, in these situations you don't really need to save rage in the first place, which is why I wouldn't recommend it. Most of the time you want your white hits to give you rage for MS/WW.

I put 2 points in parry instead and 1 in improved hamstring because you will find yourself in a lot of situations when parry is useful, and parrying means nullifying an entire melee attack, so it shouldn't be underestimated. You could argue that more damage on you means more rage to use, but I'd still prefer not being hit instead of being hit, especially against those bis orc warriors with MoM.
The point in improved hamstring is for me the best way to make use of it. As a warrior you will use hamstring a lot. It will proc, and prevent your target from getting away when you have more than 50% slow effect on you, or are immobilized. This can win you a 1v1, a repick, etc.

For your fury build, improved HS can be okay in this case since your rage income is much better without being focused. I still prefer parry, but it can work out.
I was wondering about the lack of improved overpower, and I don't think it would work in pvp. The reason is, overpower will win you 1v1 encounters against hunters using their whatwasitcalled parry cooldown and rogues under evasion. Even when you don't have a 2H weapon, which you should have (you can use a shield against rogues) you're just not going to do any damage to them without overpower. Additionally, you will want to use it to proc flurry when you lack crit, and yes even a 1 handed free crit scaling with impale is decent damage.

Also, just as It! said, you should truly consider investing 2 points in improved intercept. Not choosing this talent is ignoring the biggest selling point of fury in pvp. It allows you to be a lot more mobile, intercepting almost every time you finish a target.

A word about blood craze. Blood craze will regenerate 3% of your hp over 6 sec when you're victim of a critical strike. Assuming you have 6000hp, this talent regenerates 180hp over 6 seconds. This is very little, and the only situation I can see this be useful is against rogues or fury warriors, who will crit you a lot, refreshing the buff. Of course, it can save your life once in a blue moon, but when you aren't being hit it is completely useless. More points in improved battle shout will benefit you a lot more in my opinion, since BS is on you all (or almost all) the time.
You can put 1/3 points in it by using the point I was using in unbridled wrath in my first fury build, giving you this
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LMhxdhbZE0zq0xRio
which give you only 1% regen but all the battle shout points.
Otherwise I don't use it, but I can understand some people liking it.

About unbridled wrath, I can only see this being an option as a fury warrior for pve. For arms pvp you could argue that it gives you a bonus when you lack rage, but if your weapon swings at a speed of say, 3.50 sec, and each swings you have 40% chance to get just 1 more... it really is negligible in my opinion and you will benefit a lot more from the other options which are a lot more reliable. For fury in pvp you usually won't lack rage so I'd invest in other talents instead as well, putting only 1 point there at most. You can also use this point in blood craze or improved execute if you prefer, it doesn't matter too much.

Lastly, if you're not into improved berzerker rage, I strongly suggest you try it. It is just helpful in a ridiculous amount of situations in pvp, such as the lack of rage for intercept or just wanting more rage for dps when not focused.

edit: prot is objectively terrible damage wise, it's just for when you want to be a dick.
-Melty aka Finitude
I wouldnt say blood craze is bad but eh.. it's effect is so little its not really a gamechanger.

I do always spec for it though, cause i was under the impression cleave wasnt working in pbp. Imp bs is an option too but atm i'm using r6 to double stack with other warriors.

Ps; i use unbridled wrath in my tanks builds on retro
Some random additions/nice-to-knows;

A short list on easily obtainable items/Skills here on Retro that are super for a warrior.

Best possible PvP proffesion combo. (imo)

300 Engineering.
- yeah, It's simply amazing.

300 Alchemy with Zandalar Reputation. (Farm tokens with your d1 mage, takes about two hours)
- LAPs man, LAPs. Especially as a horde premader. Or in my case as a solo quer.

Trinkets:

Tidal Charm
- 15 minute cs, I use it for downing fc's mostly, since the cd is that long its best used in moments that matter.

Diamond Flask
- 75 Strength for 1 minute(!) with a 6 min cd, ST quest, starts with Troubled Spirit at your class trainer. Amazing and easy to get, a 1 minute 150 AP buff.

Nifty Stopwatch
- another sprint, in combination with Rocket boots or swiftness potion you can scale base to base in wsg.

Skull of impending doom
- Not a fan as a war, use in combo with hpots. Use with caution, the dmg it ticks can be significant.

Smolderwebs Eye
- vs rogues that can kite well its amazing.

Six Demon Bag
- Its like a pandoras box - I love it. Not reliable enough to be useful yet extremely fun.
(05-02-2016, 09:46 AM)It! Wrote: Some random additions/nice-to-knows;

A short list on easily obtainable items/Skills here on Retro that are super for a warrior.

Best possible PvP proffesion combo. (imo)

300 Engineering.
- yeah, It's simply amazing.

300 Alchemy with Zandalar Reputation. (Farm tokens with your d1 mage, takes about two hours)
- LAPs man, LAPs. Especially as a horde premader. Or in my case as a solo quer.

Trinkets:

Tidal Charm
- 15 minute cs, I use it for downing fc's mostly, since the cd is that long its best used in moments that matter.

Diamond Flask
- 75 Strength for 1 minute(!) with a 6 min cd, ST quest, starts with Troubled Spirit at your class trainer. Amazing and easy to get, a 1 minute 150 AP buff.

Nifty Stopwatch
- another sprint, in combination with Rocket boots or swiftness potion  you can scale base to base in wsg.

Skull of impending doom
- Not a fan as a war, use in combo with hpots. Use with caution, the dmg it ticks can be significant.

Smolderwebs Eye
- vs rogues that can kite well its amazing.

Six Demon Bag
- Its like a pandoras box - I love it. Not reliable enough to be useful yet extremely fun.

I completely agree. Grenades are such a vital gameplay element for me I just can't play without, and the other items are extremely useful for pvp.

There is also the cannonball runner which should -I haven't tested here- be able to eat hunter traps and druid's nature's grasp.

If you wanna look cool, try the warrior poison. Go to Un'Goro and find those green raptors with "venom" in their name around the east of the map, spam hamstring on them and after maybe a minute or less -dunno the exact chance- you will get a poison proc effect on your MH or 2H weapon lasting for 9 hours. It puts a dot on your target stacking up to 3 times if I'm not mistaken. The damage isn't very high but it procs often.
-Melty aka Finitude
Hmm thats a first for me, ive never heard of them. Sounds cool tho, does the effect persist through death aswel?

Venomhide Ravasaur btw :p
It does, just like sharpening stones and rogues poisons.
-Melty aka Finitude
Made a few changes regarding sword procs. Indeed sword procs now trigger instant attacks instantly and not on your next swing, and sword and hand of justice procs can now proc on top of each other. I also updated sweeping strikes to reflect how it works here on retro.

I won't edit the guide about it, but piercing howl and demoralizing shout don't make rogues go out of stealth anymore. Hoping for a fix about this soon.Fixed, gj.
-Melty aka Finitude