Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kamil's Guide to Enhanced Graphics/Gameplay
Hello everyone, I saw popsis post about the new model and I decided to start a new thread with a quick guide to enhance your graphics! Today we're going to install 3 different mod for your graphics.

The mod in question: New Warlord of Draenor Model, Enhanced anti-aliasing through sweetFX and a sounds mod to increase the number of possible sound at the same times from 12 to 256(That's a total new experience just with this sounds change I guarantee you)

**WARNING : ALL OF THESE TECHNIQUES ARE MADE TO ENHANCE YOUR GRAPHICS, IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT PC TO RUN GRAPHICS MODS AND YOU'RE EXPERIENCING FPS PROBLEM, I CAN'T HELP YOU OUT, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT MACHINE**

#1 Turn On your World of Warcraft Vanilla, logging on your main account/character, make sure your settings are all maxed out except the View Distance, which has to be at the lowest either way you will get a lot of random screen freeze. (That's due to Vanilla interaction with newer processor.)
It should look like this when you're done.
http://imgur.com/a/wgTvl
(Level of detail doesn't really matter uncheck it if you prefer doesn't change a shit)
Multi-sampling, put it a 24 bits color, 24 bits and x1 (I'll come back later to why in the SweetFX part)
After setting your graphics correctly, turn off the game entirely.  

#2 Installing the new models.
Really easy part, you just download the new model on this website.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/igrn28dw2r9qghr/     (New Model with Updated Druid Form)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/za4o9sod9vo3jmw/   (New Model with Original Druid Form)
To install them it's really easy,
Open your WoW Vanilla Folder,
Open your Data Folder,
Drag and Drop the patch-5 inside your Data Folder.
Done for this part!

#3 SweetFX Installation.
**WARNING : SweetFX is an Anti-aliasing  booster and this things will kill your FPS if your PC can't handle it, I'm running with a GTX 1070, I5 2500k @4,5GHZ, 16GB 2133MHZ DDR3 Ram and I'm still getting around 100FPS while playing with all my settings for graphics, SweetFX is a resource eater. I used to have easily 200-500 FPS depending on where I'm locating, most of my FPS test are done at the mall where there's a lot of crowded area.

Anyway now that I warn you guys(twice now lol) Here's how you can install SweetFX.
Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dcg6n5qsfa...SweetFX.7z
Setup:
Open your WoW Vanilla Folder,
Open SweetFX.rar
Drag and Drop the 11 Files inside your base WoW Vanilla Folder, it should be next to WoW.exe, Data, Interface, etc.
Now I come back to why I told you to set multi-sampling to 24bitcolor 24bit x1, SweetFX is custom anti-aliasing, it will mod your game automatically and it's going to set the multi-sampling to a custom data which is 24 bits color 24 bits x1, so NEVER TOUCH THAT AGAIN IN YOUR VIDEO SETTINGS.

If you want to mod it the way you want, you can inform yourself about how SweetFX works and get your own custom settings for WoW, I'm just using the default one it's doing the right job for me. Plus, SweetFX does works with all DX9 Games! So if you're like me playing different version of WoW this little boy here can works on TBC/Wrath as well, even Cata if you're running it with D9 (but at this point cata texture are really pretty by them self)

#4 The Custom WoW.exe for enhanced sounds effect
(probably the things that changed my life on vanilla...)
This little boy here will allow 256 sounds at the same time instead of 12, no more skipped animation sounds like Kidney shot or whatever, now you know exactly what's going on around you, even if you don't see it. A must have!

How to install, it's really easy
Open your WoW Vanilla Folder, rename your WoW.exe to WoWoriginal.exe(yes I'm making you do a backup, trust me you need a backup of your original files, we never know)
Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5834a6al6i...sounds.rar
Now open the .rar
Drag and drop the new WoW.exe in your Vanilla Folder.
This is your new WoW.exe, you open the game with this one to get the sounds fix!

#5 We're almost there you can almost play the game but it's not totally over!
Delete your WDB folder in your WoW Vanilla Folder
Launch the game, enter your account information and go to the mailbox, send to Kamil as much gold as you want because I changed your life. (loljk)
Oh and here a nice macro I'm using to enhance the grass on the floor and some little detail like that.
/console groundEffectDensity 256
/console detailDoodadAlpha 100
/console characterAmbient
Put it in a macro then click on it, you can see the grass changing a little bit, it's not much but I had to remove a lot of the features from this macro because anything that changes the view distance is bad since the view distance makes your WoW freeze sometimes due to the newer processor (even tho mine is kinda old lolxd still young enough to have this problem, it happens with pretty much any I5 I7)

Uninstalling:
To uninstall any of this, really easy, delete patch-5, delete all the 11 files related to sweetfx and delete the modified wow.exe and use the backup I made you make.

Alright, that's kinda it I don't think I'm missing anything.
If I'm miss-leading, miss-informing people and you have more computer knowledge than I do and want to add something about my explanation (because I did explain the way I understood those effects) Feel free to leave a message and I'll try to make this guide with the truest information.  

@RETRO WOW STAFF, PLEASE MAKE THIS POST A STICKY, ADVERTISE IT, IDK BUT THIS GRAPHICS MODIFICATION COULD ATTRACT MORE PEOPLE, MAKE MORE PEOPLE COME BACK TO VANILLA WOW, IF YOUR SERVER ALLOW MODIFICATION LIKE THIS AS WELL THERE'S PEOPLE WHO WILL PLAY HERE OVER THE OTHER MAIN VANILLA SERVER.

@RETRO WOW COMMUNITY PLEASE ADVERTISE MY POST IN GAME, SHOW IT TO YOUR FRIENDS OR W/E, THERE'S A LOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT JUST NEEDS TO DISCOVER THESE LITTLE TRICKS TO ENHANCE OUR OLD GAME!

CREDITS TO Balsh @ Modcraft for these wonderful vanilla draenor models!
CREDITS TO All the modcraft community, because I did lurk around your forum for quite some times trying to understand how I could easily mod my own game, thanks to all of these person doing great forum post over there!
CREDITS TO SweetFX creator, really awesome stuff out there!
CREDITS TO The guy who created the Modified WoW.exe, I'm sorry I forgot your name and where I found your files(I think it was on another big vanilla project!) Thanks to you as well!
cool!
Would be nice with two screenshots comparing the same scene with before and after tags. Also is this confirmed to be allowed here?
Great guide ! Gonna use that sound improvement , i heard its amazing! Thank you!
@Spacehestur, well as long as you're not hacking or using model editing to remove wall from some place, the GM can't really know, it's all client sided, I really doubt Retro-WoW scan your files before you log into the server as well. So as long as you're not hacking I don't see why we couldn't. I did try these mod on some other server and the biggest project out there(I think we know what server I'm talking about) had files scan before logging(server would kick me right before character selection with an extra patch-5), so I had to unpack the whole patch with the warlord model and repack it with another Original WOW files to make it works, so even server with files scan can be played around, so my answer is No, I really doubt that you're gonna get ban for using a modified client file, as long as you're not hacking or doing some dumb shit with it, cosmetic effect are only for you and no one will know.

@Popsis How do you feel about this sounds fix now, have you tried it in a BG/Raid?

@Any other Reader, Gives some feedback about the change and your own experience please!
(01-05-2017, 07:43 PM)Kamil Wrote: @Spacehestur, well as long as you're not hacking or using model editing to remove wall from some place, the GM can't really know, it's all client sided, I really doubt Retro-WoW scan your files before you log into the server as well. So as long as you're not hacking I don't see why we couldn't. I did try these mod on some other server and the biggest project out there(I think we know what server I'm talking about) had files scan before logging(server would kick me right before character selection with an extra patch-5), so I had to unpack the whole patch with the warlord model and repack it with another Original WOW files to make it works, so even server with files scan can be played around, so my answer is No, I really doubt that you're gonna get ban for using a modified client file, as long as you're not hacking or doing some dumb shit with it, cosmetic effect are only for you and no one will know.

@Popsis How do you feel about this sounds fix now, have you tried it in a BG/Raid?

@Any other Reader, Gives some feedback about the change and your own experience please!

I'm speechless dude! I playing new vanilla wow Big Grin with those sounds and improved models !
Great ! I'm glad it works wonderful for you.
Thanks! Will try the new model and 256 sounds .exe later. Smile
Leave some feedback if possible!
I'd love to try this, but I'm scared my potato can't run it
Let's try it out on a 4year old MacBook Pro. It's my workmachine but I love to play WoW on it haha