Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's change the gearing process of this funserver.
on what private you saw an arena system @mow ?
(01-25-2017, 02:32 PM)Lavz Wrote: i don't mean to be rude, but you had to drag arenas into it. there is literally no money to be made from adding your concept to the server.

Why do you think so? Wouldn't a longer user journey actually incentivize people to donate if they want to gear an alt, since it takes way longer than it does now? Just create donation packages that are priced just right - the difference between the gear ranks gets smaller the higher they go (rough example: rank1 - $15, rank2 - $30, rank3 - $40, rank4 - $45) so that people are persuaded to purchase the biggest package. This would actually bring more revenue in the long run I think.

Mow's idea actually ties in well in the arena thing quite well I think. Wouldn't a gear rank system actually help with balancing arenas, meaning teams of the same gear rank will be put against one another instead of a starter team playing against a max rank one?
(01-24-2017, 09:41 AM)Mow Wrote: How can we implement this idea?

Start from scratch.
Yes. Wipe all characters and start from scratch.
Alternatively launch a new Realm with that concept.

lol... /thread closed.  TLDR everything in here but seriously... wtf?  I have a starter geared char that I play JUST TO GET PRACTICE IN Pre-Raid gear and I still own... This sounds more like an L2P issue...
Or maybe you go work for you gear like everybody else?
(01-25-2017, 09:14 PM)Gozu Wrote: Or maybe you go work for you gear like everybody else?

right....
It's about time this post gets moved to the declined section
(01-25-2017, 08:31 PM)chireal Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 02:32 PM)Lavz Wrote: i don't mean to be rude, but you had to drag arenas into it. there is literally no money to be made from adding your concept to the server.

Why do you think so? Wouldn't a longer user journey actually incentivize people to donate if they want to gear an alt, since it takes way longer than it does now? Just create donation packages that are priced just right - the difference between the gear ranks gets smaller the higher they go (rough example: rank1 - $15, rank2 - $30, rank3 - $40, rank4 - $45) so that people are persuaded to purchase the biggest package. This would actually bring more revenue in the long run I think.

Mow's idea actually ties in well in the arena thing quite well I think. Wouldn't a gear rank system actually help with balancing arenas, meaning teams of the same gear rank will be put against one another instead of a starter team playing against a max rank one?

Finally someone who actually spent a second on thinking about the concept instead of instantly hating it for no good reason.

@Prisom, not a skill issue at all. I'm glad you enjoy playing your pre-raid-bis toon. Im pretty sure you would also enjoy the gear journey provided in my concept.

@sunqt: I don't remember the name of the first server. It was yeaaaaars ago. Somewhere around when wotlk was around. And the second server was pre-tbc.com I believe. They had around the same population as here and people got bored because every1 was sitting BiS equiped and they went for the "arena" idea which failed incredibly. Some time after that they implemented requirements for rank gear and locked pve content to BWL. So you had BWLish and R10 - R14ish people running around in bgs most of the day. That was such a nice experience. And we could do even better than that.
Unfortunately the owner didn't bother on continueing the server and disappeared with all the donation money they received. (most income was from race and class change donation).

Class change was handled the way that you could roll any class you wanted and get equal gear on every itemslot you had (iLvL XX Head could be replaced with another up to the same iLvL Head etc).