Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Rocket boots
(02-12-2017, 07:23 PM)Prisom Wrote: Lets compare all of the movement speed enhancing items in vanilla:

Gnomish Rocket boots: 30 min cooldown, low failure rate, 50% sprint, 225+ engineering required
Swift Boots: 60 min cooldown, 40% sprint
Nifty Stopwatch: 30 min cooldown, 40% sprint, uses 1 trinket slot
Skull of Impending Doom: 5 min cooldown, 60% sprint, continuously burns health and mana, requires off-hand slot
Swiftness Potion: 3 min cooldown, 50% sprint, consumable, shares cooldown with all other "potion" category consumables.

NOW, based on the information above, which one of these looks correct?

Goblin Rocket Boots: 5 min cooldown, no failure rate, 70% speed, no engineering required

OR

Goblin Rocket Boots: 5 min cooldown, very high failure rate, 70% speed, no engineering required

Very obviously imbalanced.  Without the failure rate there is literally NO reason to use any of the other items.  IMO this change makes things much more interesting as you shouldn't have that kind of movement speed available without ANY drawback. COMPLETELY overpowered without the failure rate.

Prisom you're so logical all the time.

Are you really just a bot?
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
[Image: ks9xXfy.jpg]
(02-13-2017, 09:35 PM)walenkryx Wrote: [Image: IQbS8W2.jpg]

Here you go, an entire new economy now

When your suggestion creates an entire new economy but another one of yours could destroy one too...
(02-14-2017, 12:35 AM)walenkryx Wrote: But if the quality of the gameplay can be improved but in the same time hurt a little bit the economy diversity, then the gameplay quality is more important and must be created.

it's common sense to me Leministre

except it doesn't improve anything to give away engineering items for tokens when you can easily trade tokens for gold and gold for engineer items...

it's common sense to me Sunqt
(02-14-2017, 08:25 AM)walenkryx Wrote: your answer make absolutly no sense.

I just said that my first suggestion didnt improve the economy side (because it improve the gameplay quality and that's what really matter in a game) and you answer me that my first suggestion doesnt improve the economy side.

what's the point you re trying to make

Note here that I'm talking about your nades suggestion since it seems you didn't figure it out..

Like I said, the only place your first suggestion improves anything gameplay wise is in your head because tokens = gold = w/e consummes you need and you're asking for a way to obtain these through tokens (which is unnecessary because grenades for exemple (your first suggestion I was talking about) are already available all the time on AH)

If you really believe that making nadea available through tokens please explain how it improves gameplay besides trading tokens for nade taking away a good market economy for the sake that you feel you pay too much for all the consummes you need to pvp?

Besides there was always 3-4 pair of goblin boots on the AH so your screenshot only shows something you can witness every single day ever since I joined retro
i was gonna say sunqt those prices seem pretty normal to me
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
(02-14-2017, 03:47 PM)walenkryx Wrote: Economy between players is useless in such a server

I beg to differ since I earn 75% of my income through this "useless economy" and it's high enough to make corehound heroes jealous.
(02-14-2017, 03:47 PM)walenkryx Wrote: We talked about his long enough in another post, so why you want to talk about it again Leministre since you obviously strongly disagree with my idea

2 reasons: 

1. you make up a bullshit economic boom to support the fact that the boots got fixed with a fake upside (although I don't disagree with such a fix) so I felt people should know they were provided with flase info.

2. You made a new thread asking for something you asked already and were never granted and you come here claiming an upside to your idea and when the said upside turns into a downside in another of your suggestion, all of a sudden we got a useless economy.

I lied, 3rd reason.. what do you think people do in order to make the boots available on AH? You guessed it, THEY FARM
to be fair to sunqt the boots have dropped by a rough average of 500gold on AH
RIOT IN THE STREETS!!!!!
ANARCHY!!!!!!!!!

BURN LOOT AND DESTRUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANARCHY!!!!!
btw i was joking when i said "idiet". this is really a good move @touchQT. I just liked it for duels when it never broke, because its more fun to chase ur target while ur target has boots up too. Just makes everything intense, wsg wise and economy wise, its debatable.

don't listen 2 haters sunqt, just keep touching me <3
[Image: SZSbk12.jpg]