Poll: Do you support SoloQ only, or would you prefer to keep premades?
This poll is closed.
If possible, separate soloq and premades
20.00%
3 20.00%
Keep Premades stop qq n00p
26.67%
4 26.67%
SoloQ Only
20.00%
3 20.00%
Bring back world PvP
33.33%
5 33.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Suggestion to remove Premades from WSG
The primary reason I've been on hiatus from playing here is because every other WSG I play is a premade. WSG as it stands right now is the only option for PvP on demand, and it kills the fun when you want to soloq and are immediately faced with 10 people in full BiS that are sweating in their chairs tryharding to farm wins on lesser players.

I'd like to see some form of an alternative that benefits the lower geared/soloq players such as myself, I'm not sure if it'd be possible to script, but I feel like there should be some method to create two separate forms of WSG, one for premades, and one for strictly soloq.

I mean, on the whole, I don't think it would hurt the server at all to force it to be all soloq all the time, it would mean completely random teams and friends/guildmates would be pitted against eachother or maybe they'd be lucky and on the same team, but it was at the very least stop the constant 1-sidedness of the BGs. 

Don't get me wrong, I partake in premades now and again, but the majority of the time it's during peak hour when there's other premades going on and our whole purpose is to queue into them to stomp them so they stop queueing. I'm sure when our lord and saviour Ipolylol chimes in he'll mention how many times we've busted Bestshamans premades as well as others. 
Point being, it's just boring to queue as 10 and destroy everyone else, it makes people leave the server and it makes it less enjoyable on the whole for everyone who sticks around for PvP. 

I'm going to post a poll here for crits and giggles to see just who supports the idea, I'm sure a good portion of you will be against it, but just think about it this way, it would legitimately erase forced 1-sided BGs, and as a result it would more appropriately spread out teams to be more fair, everyone wants to win, and it'll create a better equalizer for the odds that way.
i know you only mean well, but it's a no from me.
here's why; i would rather have the option to make my own team at any time, than be FORCED to carry (using that term lightly) random people in games. if fighting a premade makes you so salty, i'd say you need to reevaluate your perspective and maybe go outside and take a break.

while you might think that removing premade ability would improve things, have you considered that maybe, just maybe, if you force players to only soloque, it would ruin even more players' experience with the game when they are forced to deal with the players on their team who not only fail to pull their weight, but also just midfarm mindlessly and turn the game from an otherwise objective based match from a seemingly endless midfarm where both sides brainlessly eat away at eachother in mid while a couple people on either side actually play capture the flag?

(02-15-2017, 04:12 PM)modnar Wrote: everyone wants to win, and it'll create a better equalizer for the odds that way.

no, they really don't, and no, it really won't.

here's why; if you really wanted to win -- you would make your own team.
if you really don't care -- you just soloque and hope for people to join on your side to pick up the slack.

it seems like you're caught somewhere in the middle of caring just enough to be upset over a premade winning, and not enough to make your own team to fight them. the server has 100+ players on, and wsg up 24/7. there is little to no excuse as to why you cannot make your own team.

i hope this doesn't come off as me attacking you, and like i said, i know you only mean well; but i like to weigh in on topics like this because it seems like i'm one of the few people who's blunt enough to call people out when they're being stubborn.
anyway, hope this doesn't turn into a massive flame thread
[Image: izW8PhA.png]
(02-15-2017, 04:46 PM)Lavz Wrote:
(02-15-2017, 04:12 PM)modnar Wrote: everyone wants to win, and it'll create a better equalizer for the odds that way.

no, they really don't, and no, it really won't.

here's why; if you really wanted to win -- you would make your own team.
if you really don't care -- you just soloque and hope for people to join on your side to pick up the slack.

I'm sorry but no, I have 6 separate T3/BiS toons and a plethra of other sub-t3 full epic characters. I don't need people to carry me, and I usually help the team win of my own accord whether it be running flags on my druid or defending FR on my rogue, or taking mid control on my warrior etc.

It's 100% attacking me as a person with the way you word it, I could easily get into premades, I choose not to, it isn't fun to steamroll, I like a challenge, but fighting a premade with soloq is just not going to happen with 1 person. It's above and beyond what one could call a challenge when you're GY camped or 3vX'd by BiS every single time you res or try to engage someone.
HOLY FUCK STOP

GO BACK AND READ THE BILLION OTHER POSTS WITH THE SAME SUBJECT

THIS DOESNT NEED MORE DISCOURSE NOTHING WILL GET RESOLVED

JUST STOP ITS THE SAME ARGUMENT AND REBUTTAL OVER AND OVER AGAIN

STEP 1: MAKE FORUM POST ABOUT BAN PREM
STEP 2: OFC HAVE SOMEONE REFUTE YOUR ARGUMENTS
STEP 3: OFC TAKE THE REFUTATIONS PERSONALLY
STEP 4: POST MORE, ENTERING THE SAME ARGUMENT OVER AND OVER
STEP 5: REPEAT STEP 2-5

(02-15-2017, 04:46 PM)Lavz Wrote: anyway, hope this doesn't turn into a massive flame thread

this became that the second OP posted sorry
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
[Image: ks9xXfy.jpg]
It is a topic that will be hard to resolve since most BIS people only do bgs as a premade. I have done both, but it kills pvp on the server and a lot of new people end up leaving because of this. I have said it before, put a cap so that only 5 people can que together.
*copypaste response from the other threads that are almost literally covering everything said here, verbatim*

just wondering if you guys actually think youre going to accomplish anything with this lobotomized discourse?

http://retro-wow.com/forum/showthread.ph...t=premades
http://retro-wow.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4096
http://retro-wow.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3243
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
[Image: ks9xXfy.jpg]
Gnawbone if all you're here to accomplish is talking down to people trying to improve the state of the server for the majority of players, and to help retain players long-term, you should just go to a different thread.

no1 cares about you

Anyway, @dentric, I agree a 5 person limit would also serve a pretty good purpose, it'd make it a bit more balanced and leaves room for equilibrium team-wise. I'd like to see that implimented if nothing else.
(02-15-2017, 05:46 PM)modnar Wrote: Anyway, @dentric, I agree a 5 person limit would also serve a pretty good purpose, it'd make it a bit more balanced and leaves room for equilibrium team-wise. I'd like to see that implimented if nothing else.

Its a nice balance if you think about it. It will level the playing field in bgs, and it will allow people to enjoy pvp and actually gear up much nicer. Also we will have an increase in the amount of bgs going on and people will actually que up for ab. 
I have done tons of premades, and these groups usually que up for almost the whole day. After the third bg people just dont que up. Premades actually kill pvp on this server. The only people you will see defending premades will be the same people who rarely ever solo que and dont go bgs with out a premade grp. I have played with almost everyone here on my warrior reckx.
Hi,

I think everyone aggree that premade are an issue, for those that still doubt it read this it's simple :

1. Premade kill pugs way too easy
2. Pugs became salty and start playing less and less

This is what's happening, it's a fact nobody can argue with.

Now, i think some people don't realize that banning premade is also an issue, for those that still doubt it read this, it's simple :

1. A warsong or arathi require a team work, if few people dont do their job everyone suffer from that
2. Most retrowow players (or vanilla players imo) are bad
3. Without premade, you force good players to make useless effort in bg's for people that dont care, wich is unfair.
4. Premade are also a way to play with your friend, wheter you are bad or good, the point is too have fun. And forcing people not to play together is fucked up.

That being said, here is the perfect choice for everyone, in my opinion. It requires a little sacrifice from everyone, but overall it really improves everyone's experience :

Create a q for 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 men premade
Create a different q with 1, 2, 3 men premade.

This way, people that want to play with friends can still do it and if you have too much friends and you are too popular well thats a shame, just pick your best friends idk.
3 men premade can still carry a warsong against pug but it makes it harder, but it's stilla real challenge FOR BOTH SIDE.

Because saying "I dont want to carry bad players so i group with 10 men" means that you dont carry anymore, but you are being carried with your 9 others guys, so it doesnt make sense.
  You dont want to carry so you get carried, no it shouldnt work like this.

It should go like this : You dont want to carry so you get an extra help of 2 more players that you know play the flag.

We can always say "if you dont want to lose against prem, do a prem yourself. The thing is people won't make a premade to fight back, thats what's happening.
We can't say something to prove your point if it's not happening. Of course it could happen, but it doesnt; therefor we need to consider my option that seems pretty reasonable. If we make that happen people when they ll see a 3 men group will group more easily 2 other guys that if they see a 10 men premade, because it's easier to find 2 other guys. Simple as that.
The other benefic effet is that everyone will have a more balance chance to win; when you face a 10 men premade people just give up and stop trying, if you make 3 men premade, you know it won't be easy, but it won't be impossible at all if you try hard too.

So yea basically, what's happening right now is :

No premade : Good players cant change the result 75% of the time
                   Games are sometimes boring for everyone because bad players will midfarm

Premade : Good players in pugs cant change the result of the game 99% of the time.
              Good players in premade are not even having that much fun, or not for a long time.

With my solution, all those issues disappear, the only inconvenient is that people won't be able to gold farming in bg's that easily; but then again, is it really an inconvenient overall.

creating 2 different q will also make premade vs premade happening more often, wich would be awesome.
worst suggestion i have ever seen.
go play ab if you don't like it
or ASK PEOPLE
and if people don't let you join because of gear?
then raid and get gear before playing wsg?? (or play ab...)
If people aren't inviting you to premades ?
Make your own
and If they're not inviting you because of skill?
then get good