Poll: Should there be a server-wide gear reset?
This poll is closed.
Yes. I would like everyone to start fresh.
33.33%
2 33.33%
No. I enjoy my gear and I spent too much time farming it.
66.67%
4 66.67%
Undecided. I don't mind either way.
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Force a fresh starter / server-wide reset
Due to the insane amount of players in end-game/bis gear, it makes it difficult/impossible in some cases for players to start out here fresh with nothing but preraid bis.

I believe we should have a major poll for ~1 month to see what players think about doing a fresh reset.

Only gear/gold would be reset.

All donation points would be restored to the accounts on the homepage so they can use their donation points ONE MONTH after the reset.

All legendaries would be saved per character (if possible) if earned legitimately (donated legendaries would be returned to donation points on the website)

Professions should be saved as it's only a gear reset.

This would allow for a completely fresh period so new players can experience the game you guys intended them to upon joining, it'll give everyone a reason to gear again fresh and in a fun environment of equality. Everyone would be on the same page for the first month or two until people got farmed into naxx again.

I figure due to the whole alt loot removal, and wave of bug fixes etc., it might be a good idea. 

I'm going to host a poll here just for reference. If you support the idea, or if you don't, let me know below and what alternatives there could be to making the server friendlier to beginner players as well as making everything fresh for old players like me.
It's a no from me.

I enjoy gearing chars, once they are bis my choice is to "shelve" them logging on them occasionally to grind or PVE or PVP and re-roll a fresh main by choice. Currently on my 4th Rogue for whatever reason.

I have Atiesh 4 times legit (rip time) and I have run instances countless times to gear up new characters with the understanding anything I did would be permanent.

When I joined the server fresh I was under-geared compared to everyone else same as any new joiner today.

What about those players who have been grinding the gold quests for hours upon hours? (Not my style personally) - To just suggest their time spent is just "reset" is not fair.
Eh already been suggested

Not really a server suggestion so much as a separate idea
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
[Image: ks9xXfy.jpg]
I wont mind new relam but not relaunch for the server.

(04-03-2017, 07:29 PM)samrogue Wrote: I wont mind new relam but not relaunch for the server.

It wouldn't be a re-launch. Your characters gear/gold would just be reset. Making everyone start fresh.

In defense of this idea, think about it this way; this server has been around for over 2 years now. The epitome of working for gear is "Hey, let's make a premade and bring X's alt so he can farm HKs" or "Hey lets farm CH for gold so I can gear my alt" or "Hey let's carry X through naxx so he can gear since alt lootings disabled" 
It's not "Oh, I need pvp gear, I'm going to soloq wsg" or "Oh, I need gear, I'm going to pug some raids"

I'm speaking about the strong majority of players, not the minority. I understand there are players who are forced into those situations, but that just drives my point home further as to the imbalance it causes. Most servers have some form of a fail-safe scenario or gear equivalency balance to avoid issues like these, whether it be more capable starter gear, or a limited top-tier, or maybe it's not even item-related at all, some servers make large PvP zones (usually faction v faction, sometimes FFA), others drive home the idea of a solo/small grouped PvE aspect that is both worth the time and effort to do. (Yes, I know dungeons are under that classification, but keep reading, I go over that point)
The quests to farm gold solo don't reward as much gold as WSG losses. Yes, Losses.
The group quests if done right can outperform WSG spam wins w/ premades, and RFC can be cleared 700g / 13-15 minutes with a proper group w/ BiS gear.

To put this into perspective, a 5 man starter-geared group farming core hounds for 170g every turn in, right?
Let's say each person is doing 200 sustained DPS to each 33500 hp core hound to be fair. Every 2 fights you take 15 second breaks for mana for either healer or DPS.
That's approximately 86 seconds per pair of core hounds (adding in travel time between the two hounds etc.) plus ~15 seconds breaks for mana , x 10 = roughly 16.5 minutes.
612g per 16.5 minutes
1242g per hour
2484g per 2 hours

Now, WSG.
Let's be fair and say each team has 5 starter 5 prenax/bis, each game lasts 18 minutes, you win 2 games in a row, lose every 3rd game and earn approximately 50 hks per game.

2 hours nets you roughly 14 marks + 300 HKs. 
1000g for WSG marks
1200g for HKs

2200g for 2 hours.

So group farming in full starter gear, if done right, can net you JUST BARELY more than what you could earn through raw WSG and a lucky night of queues or joining premades.

Solo farming nets you much less and takes much longer to complete.
Example: Shardtooth and Yeti requires you to kill 10 of each for 110g. They're rather spread out, so aoe farming isn't an option, including travel time and breaks between fights to restore mana/hp it probably takes upwards of 15 minutes if you're starter geared, maybe longer. 

440g per hour
880g per 2 hours.

I understand this is all on paper, and different people will have different results, but this is just averaging out common numbers to calculate an average result people will experience.

Don't get me wrong, you could do raids for gear, and that's what I did for the longest time, but the issue is lately people are becoming more and more elitist, I see BWL runs that require t2...like really dog? Not to mention some classes get the cold shoulder in certain raids due to mechanics, or just raw "ur undergeared for this" when it's been proven you don't need more than 1-2 geared players for BWL or AQ40 to carry through at a good pace, so full starter players are left between a rock and a hard place when it comes to gearing even through 5 mans, sure it'll snowball eventually but it's a poor environment as a fresh player, and I stand by that statement.

The server population isn't growing or shrinking from what I've seen, and I think a shock to the system could fix that. Maybe my idea isn't the right way of going about it, but I mostly want to get people thinking about just what exactly this server needs to be more new-player friendly.

(04-03-2017, 06:30 PM)Blazeretrowow Wrote: When I joined the server fresh I was under-geared compared to everyone else same as any new joiner today.

When did you join the server though? How long ago was it if you've had this much time to dedicate to the server?

I'm more speaking to the point of players, now, joining today, don't have it as easy as you or I did starting out.

They don't have alt loot, boss mechanics are much tighter than before, bugs have been fixed, the playerbase has become more or less problematic when it comes to trying to find groups as a fresh-start toon (I've experienced this plenty on alts), and more to the point, for PvP's sake, I never see more than 3-4 people not wearing at least 1 piece of naxx gear followed by being fully decked out in AQ/BWL/general pre-naxx gear in any given BG team/scenario, and this is discluding premades.

When I'm having issues on Iaintime or Melbshuffle, I just log on my mains to farm gold or to counter-queue a premade that was farming me, but new players can't do that. They have to stop queueing WSG and do something else entirely, even if WSG was their last ditch effort at playing today because they couldn't find any groups for dungeons or gold quests.

Not to mention, I and a good number of players (I'm pretty sure you're included there.) experienced the free 100k gold after the rollback that happened, that in and of itself was massive in changing the state of the server in terms of geared players because some people were less affected by it than others. Take me for instance, I had only lost a few pieces of AQ/BWL gear on my paladin and warrior respectively and the next day I walked out of the mall with a naxx geared toon, and I was definitely far from the only one with similar results.
No from me, its too late, since everyone spent a lot of days farming their profession mats, and leveling it, and farming all the bis gear.

all juanito wants is av to be released so he can turtle for 5 hours, and i support that and many others do too crYyYYyy
[Image: SZSbk12.jpg]
Yep we keep trying to implement new ideas while existing ones get pushed aside. Why start a fresh server when we have so much to work on the existing one
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
[Image: ks9xXfy.jpg]
(04-03-2017, 08:34 PM)Ipolylol Wrote: No from me, its too late, since everyone spent a lot of days farming their profession mats, and leveling it, and farming all the bis gear.

all juanito wants is av to be released so he can turtle for 5 hours, and i support that and many others do too crYyYYyy

Like I said before: professions wouldn't be affected.

(04-03-2017, 08:46 PM)Gnawbone Wrote: Why start a fresh server when we have so much to work on the existing one

I've said this already...

Posted by modnar - 1 hour ago

(2 hours ago)samrogue Wrote: Wrote:I wont mind new relam but not relaunch for the server.

It wouldn't be a re-launch. Your characters gear/gold would just be reset. Making everyone start fresh.

Just as well, there's nothing wrong with pitching new ideas, especially when you consider just how few ideas are being humoured at the moment, most of them have been declined or are completely dead threads that will be pruned/declined eventually.

If you dislike seeing new ideas, just...idk, avoid this whole sub? I was under the impression we were all allowed to pitch new ideas, and considering this idea is nothing more than completely resetting GEAR and only gear, professions etc. would remain the same, every single aspect of the server would remain the same, dungeons, quests, raids, bgs, everything.

It's pretty blatant you're just trying to hold a grudge against me due to prior disagreements Gnaw, and I find that to be incredibly immature and selfish when the whole topic of conversation is on the betterment of the server and what players would like for it, especially in the terms of helping new players start in a fair-er environment.
I literally say this in my initial post that quote;

"If you support the idea, or if you don't, let me know below and what alternatives there could be to making the server friendlier to beginner players as well as making everything fresh for old players like me."

My whole reasoning for making this thread is to suggest an idea, spark a discussion about how better to make the server more friendly to newer players, as this is a means of doing so, as well as starting fresh for everyone so that everyone's on equal footing, players both new and old. I'd appreciate it if you could keep the topic on topic, Gnaw. Thanks.