Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First 2v2 Dire Maul-Arena Tournament!
Brick 
Good Day. Retro-WoW community!

Today I am excited to announce the first No-Heal 2v2 Dire Maul Arena Tournament.

The event will be scheduled on the next Saturday, 1st of July at 6 pm Server time.

We have a MASSIVE price pool of  20k Gold  25k Gold thanks to the generous donation of Clockwork and Pearla!

1st place wins:   12k Gold  17k Gold
2nd place wins:  6k Gold
3rd place wins:   2k Gold

Rules!!! (Make sure you read them!!!)

1.) No straight up Heal spells that only serve the purpose of healing are allowed, hence Siphon Life from warlock and VE from shadow priest are allowed because they damage. (you can eat because I think it takes a lot of skill to do that at the right time in a duel, Weapon enchantments like Lifesteal or other passive effects that heal are allowed as well)

1.1.) Paladins are not allowed to stack their Reckoning-Bomb before hand.

2.) Banned items: No Flasks, No Heal/Mana pots or any kind of other pot and bandages, No Magic Dust, Rocket Helmet, Tidal Charm, engineering grenades or Noggenfroggers.
NPC-Morphs are banned as well.

3.) Every cooldown of 10min or higher is BANNED (Lay on hands etc.)

4.) The tournament will be in a single elimination format. Quarter- and Semifinals are a Best of three. the finals and the match for 3rd place will be a best of five. 

5.) You can reset your cooldowns after each round by /duel me and cancel after that if you want to.

6.) You can only participate in this tournament if you write your Team name, the in-Game name of the Team members and the classes into this thread. 
Another way I decided to sign-up is to write Duelmaker in-game a letter with a summary the rules in it to make sure you read them or by /w Duelmaker and I ask you some questions about the rules and if you answer correctly you a registered. 
I make this change because I see a lot of guests looking at this thread and I think they are just to lazy make an account and reply here. 

7.) If anyone interferes in a match he is supposed to watch he is permanently disqualified from this event and future events of this sort organized by me.

8.) If a team doesn't show up the other team wins the match automatically.

9.) The last day for sign-up is the next Friday, 30th of June at 11:59 pm server time.

10.) On Saturday before the event, I will post a picture on this thread with the match ups. Match-ups will be chosen randomly.

11.) Any violation of the rules will result in a disqualification of your team. And you are marked on my black list for future events. if you have 3 points on my list you will be disqualified from all future events organized by me.

12.) Have fun if possible it's not required and a bit of salt is unavoidable.

13.) After you arrive at the arena you are not allowed to change your gear up between the matches until the end of the tournament. (not decided yet if this will be a rule)

I now have an AddOn where I can mark the participants with and I can see everything they do .. so don't even try to cheat Big Grin

Registered Teams

1.) Carrot on a Stick
2.) Wheelchair disadvantage

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any Feedback or Rule recommendations let me know in this thread or in-Game by /w Duelmaker.

I hope that everyone is just as excited as me Smile

Have a nice day.

link to my post for future events: http://retro-wow.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8546
add 5k to first place pool -pearla
Team: Carrot on a Stick, Member: Samrogue (rogue), Crawamz (shaman).

We want to participate.
It's your own event and you can set the rules as you wish and I hope it works out well for you, but there are a few things I feel are either game breaking or need more info such as...

1. Forbidding any class heal abilities is just wrong imo. If a healer wants to play he finds himself forbidden to do so.. Yes he can play another class or spec but I said a healer, for all of you retards who were going to say he can play something else, so that means he wants to be healing. Also, what about bandages ? Are these forbidden too ?

This also reduces the number of comps available and if a team wants a 1heal 1 dps comp knowing you can sheep the healer for 35secs on this serv etc, they'll find themselves in a tricky situation..

2. Ban all of the engi items or just those you specified ? Like I could use reflectors and grenades etc which is highly unfair to some people, so why not ban all of the engi items ? Morphs banned as in mage's polymorph ? So ban sap as well, and lock fears (18 secs fear in which you can be killed vs 35 sec poly that heals you...), you get my point.

Also you didn't mention any of the many potions you can use such as invulnerability potions, etc, which if I participated I'd buy a ton of before the event starts..

Everything else seems allright.

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend as I already have plans for the 1st of july, but I thought I'd bring these points and ppl that intend to participate can discuss them and duelmake can make the adjustments if adjustments are necessary.

Good luck with your tournament!

May the lag be ever in your favor.
(06-25-2017, 02:30 PM)Apimius Wrote: Team: Carrot on a Stick, Member: Samrogue (rogue), Crawamz (shaman).

We want to participate.

Go team samrogue!
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
[Image: ks9xXfy.jpg]
(06-25-2017, 05:54 PM)LeMinistre Wrote: Morphs banned as in mage's polymorph ?

i think he meant the cosmetic morphs from hyjal mall.
(06-25-2017, 06:29 PM)Apimius Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 05:54 PM)LeMinistre Wrote: Morphs banned as in mage's polymorph ?

i think he meant the cosmetic morphs from hyjal mall.

probably, I'm just asking since there is also a morph trinket from engineering
(06-25-2017, 05:54 PM)LeMinistre Wrote: 1. Forbidding any class heal abilities is just  wrong imo. If a healer wants to play he finds himself forbidden to do so.. Yes he can play another class or spec but I said a healer, for all of you retards who were going to say he can play something else, so that means he wants to be healing.  Also, what about bandages ? Are these forbidden too ?
This also reduces the number of comps available and if a team wants a 1heal 1 dps comp knowing you can sheep the healer for 35secs on this serv etc, they'll find themselves in a tricky situation..

2. Ban all of the engi items or just those you specified ? Like I could use reflectors and grenades etc which is highly unfair to some people, so why not ban all of the engi items ? Morphs banned as in mage's polymorph ? So ban sap as well, and lock fears (18 secs fear in which you can be killed vs 35 sec poly that heals you...), you get my point.

Also you didn't mention any of the many potions you can use such as invulnerability potions, etc, which if I participated I'd buy a ton of before the event starts..

Hi and thanks for the Feedback .

I can see why people think its wrong banning heal spells from the tournament and will be like "wtf dude I wanna play heal m8"
I think of it as a meta changer participants need to see what works in a 2v2 non heal environment, and as I said to other people in-Game today: "this will hopefully be not the last tournament and the next one will feature other rules to change up the environment."
So if they don't like this set of rules they can wait for the next one. 

with morphs, I meant the morph NPC's.

Great suggestion on the bandage part didn't think about that one they are also banned I edited the post already.
And grenades will prob be banned too I like reflector tho.
I will add a rule where you can't change your gear out for different scenarios so its best to pick the one setup that will help you most.

I will clarify that no kind of pots allowed I like that suggestion as well. 

Again thank you for your feedback I am sad that you can't participate. As I said hopefully this will not be the last one so we will see us in the next one Smile
(06-25-2017, 07:17 PM)Duelmaker Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 05:54 PM)LeMinistre Wrote: 1. Forbidding any class heal abilities is just  wrong imo. If a healer wants to play he finds himself forbidden to do so.. Yes he can play another class or spec but I said a healer, for all of you retards who were going to say he can play something else, so that means he wants to be healing.  Also, what about bandages ? Are these forbidden too ?

And grenades will prob be banned too I like reflector tho.

Thing is you cannot make rules jsut because you like to use it which results in some classes being at a disadvantage vs others.. Like you can't let rogue use reflector and not let casters use their tidal charm.. Imho it should either be all usable items allowed or not allowed instead of being a selection of what you like to use and what you dislike being used against you.
(06-25-2017, 06:11 PM)Gnawbone Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 02:30 PM)Apimius Wrote: Team: Carrot on a Stick, Member: Samrogue (rogue), Crawamz (shaman).

We want to participate.

Go team samrogue!

Ty <3 we still need more people though xd

You should allow evreything except buffs/potions
First aid should be allowed it would be retarded to not allow first aid....

One thing you should know though if u dont allow engi or some other stuff a comp of SL wlock and SP wont ever lose, i think you should allow engi cds thats under 10 mins.