Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I install addons?
Or more appropriately, how do I get the addons I downloaded to work in game? When I download the addon, what folder do I need to put them?
(11-18-2017, 10:32 PM)Policy Wrote: Or more appropriately, how do I get the addons I downloaded to work in game? When I download the addon, what folder do I need to put them?
First off find the folder where you extracted the World of Warcraft 1.12 client. Then  open \Interface\Addons\ and make sure to, for instance if the addon is downloaded as a .rar, extract the addon into the Addons folder, and you might have to cut+paste the actual addon folder from a second folder by the same name. 

For instance, if something is called DamageMeters.rar and extracts to C:\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons, it might extract as C:\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\DamageMeters\DamageMeters depending on if it was already in a folder when .rar'd or not (if that makes sense). In that case, you would go and cut+paste the folder with the actual files in it, and then paste it back into C:\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\.
Sometimes, I feel that having addons is really important for the game. So, I want to download and install the addons. I didn't get the instructions properly which is mentioned here. I have also checked some technical websites like SEO Web Designing and all but I didn't get the solution properly. So, provide me the information and instructions in a more detailed way.