Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farming for Consumables
We all know retro-wow has a lot of custom quests for gold and even added a zone to farm for recipe tokens and shoulder enchants. But what if we had another area, a lot smaller then azshara imho, to farm tokens from custom mobs to buy consumables (flasks/elixirs) we all use in Naxx and BG's. This way there is more freedom in which professions to take and a new zone for end game bis players to spend usefull time. You can even sell expensive pots like free action (for a lot of tokens, ofcourse) or things like winterfall firewater.

I was even thinking about 3 different types of tokens; boss, elite and normal. 

You could group up and kill bosses with 5 people to get a token worth "10" (like Dracolich)
You could group up and kill elites with 5 people to get tokens worth "5" (like Core Hounds)
Or you could solo kill strong mobs to get tokens worth "1" (like Dark Priest in azshara)

Ofcourse, balancing is the hardest as people will figure out which of the 3 is most efficient and only go for that.

Let me know what the community thinks or if anybody has any feedback. Cheers!
Interresting, but I don't think so. It is fine rn.
Lets  make tokens for everything then -1
(12-09-2017, 08:21 AM)xancio Wrote: We all know retro-wow has a lot of custom quests for gold and even added a zone to farm for recipe tokens and shoulder enchants. But what if we had another area, a lot smaller then azshara imho, to farm tokens from custom mobs to buy consumables (flasks/elixirs) we all use in Naxx and BG's. This way there is more freedom in which professions to take and a new zone for end game bis players to spend usefull time. You can even sell expensive pots like free action (for a lot of tokens, ofcourse) or things like winterfall firewater.

I was even thinking about 3 different types of tokens; boss, elite and normal. 

You could group up and kill bosses with 5 people to get a token worth "10" (like Dracolich)
You could group up and kill elites with 5 people to get tokens worth "5" (like Core Hounds)
Or you could solo kill strong mobs to get tokens worth "1" (like Dark Priest in azshara)

Ofcourse, balancing is the hardest as people will figure out which of the 3 is most efficient and only go for that.

Let me know what the community thinks or if anybody has any feedback. Cheers!
there is already this sort of system with the Ragefire tokens and the elite tokens u get from killing the big ass drake in the Guru quests from the questporter and there is the pve tokens which u can turn in for gold this would just make the grind longer so i dont believe it would be a good idea but always good to suggest ideas.