RetroWoW Forum

Full Version: Thistle tea availability - rogue authenticity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Right now the availability of thistle tea is incredibly far from authentic, which goes against the idea that you should be able to duel/pvp on this server with easy accessibility.. a concept that is applied to most things, but for some reason not Thistle Tea. Flasks are easy to come by, you can almost sustain yourself with flasks purely by just voting every day.. Something that would take A LONG time to get on a blizzlike server. Other conveniences like Blinding Powder is also added to the vendor, because it's an integral part of the rogue kit. But guess what, the Thistle Tea is ALSO an integral part of the rogue kit and I think it's a mistake that nothing has been done on this server to make its acquisition more convenient.. for any other reason than to intentionally put rogues at an artificial disadvantage because you don't like them. 

There's no way in hell you'll run into a rogue in classic or blizzlike realms that doesn't have Thistle Tea on them. Why make it so difficult to get on a server where flasks, tidal charm, reflectors etc are so easy to come by?

I suggest implement one or more of the following items;

1) Add Thistle Tea to the poison vendor for a reasonable gold price.

2) Add an NPC that exchanges PvP tokens for Thistle Tea.

3) Add an option on the website to purchase Thistle Tea stacks with voting points.

4) Dramatically increase spawn on Swiftthistle.

Price of Thistle Tea on x1 Blizzlike realms: 

On classic / blizzlike realms you can farm gold for 1-2 hours and you'll have Thistle Tea for weeks.

It costs around 17-30 silver to pop Thistle Tea on blizzlike servers. That's why in Vanilla, Thistle Tea is an integrated part of the Rogue rotation (especially in PvP), for the exact same reason that Blind is. 

On RetroWoW it costs 55g and sometimes 75g to pop Thistle Tea, which is insane when trying to pratice the class in duels and therefore results in the class being severely misrepresented on this server.

[Image: eOQfFKe.png]

even cheaper if you buy raw mats:
[Image: qCizcxG.png]
I wouldn't say that rogues need a DPS boost in pvp but your logic is sound.

Rogues should not be allowed free blinding power!
he is actually saying that rogues should have thistle tea much more easier than right now, wich would be a blizzlike change
It is blizzlike, 4gold on a normal server is 200gold in our. But I was kidding before. I would not mind this change (I think).
I've always just bought mine on the AH. There's almost always swiftthistle or tea up.
Yes please and free Mighty Rage pots for worrias and free lip's for shamans and and andddd ehhhh maybe free reckoning stacks for a pala when he joins a bg?

Farming Herbs in the Barrens is to hard for you?! Or are you crying because u can't effort it? what is this .... there are even mats for it 24/7 on the ah
(01-13-2019, 08:46 PM)mentos987 Wrote: [ -> ]It is blizzlike, 4gold on a normal server is 200gold in our. But I was kidding before. I would not mind this change (I think).

Yeah.. except the price on this server is three times that amount.

Thistle tea is only 30 silver per pop om blizzlike realms. It's 55g, sometimes 75g per pop on RetroWoW.

Which is absolutely insane given the fact we can reset cooldowns on /duel for practice.

As for Mighty Rage, FAP, etc.. you'd have to spend 3g50s and 3g80s respectively per pop, whereas Thistle Tea is.. 30 silver.

This has got absolutely nothing to do with nerfing or buffing any class. It's about authenticity. In classic every rogue will carry Thistle Tea. It's a basic, integral part of the rogue kit. The fact that rogue's don't have it on this server is a severe misrepresentation of the class and is inconsistent with the server concept.

In my opinion it should be put on the poison vendor for the same reason Blinding Powder is there. That would be the right change to make. But putting it on the vote-point shop to encourage voting, or to put it on a PvP-token vendor to encourage battlegrounds is also fine.
(01-13-2019, 10:57 PM)Hisana Wrote: [ -> ]This has got absolutely nothing to do with nerfing or buffing any class.

Except it would be a boost to rogues. It would become part of every rogue rotation, and it is not atm.

Again, I am not sure if this is good or bad.
(01-13-2019, 11:10 PM)mentos987 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2019, 10:57 PM)Hisana Wrote: [ -> ]This has got absolutely nothing to do with nerfing or buffing any class.

Except it would be a boost to rogues. It would become part of every rogue rotation, and it is not atm.

Again, I am not sure if this is good or bad.

It's not a boost. It's a correction.

If the spell power coefficient on an ability is wrong, and therefore corrected.. it's not a boost. It's a correction. This is supposed to be a representation of vanilla WoW. It's not league of legends where we have a balance patch every month.

Thistle Tea is a natural part of rogue rotations in vanilla as a 5 minute CD. That's not viable on this server, logic then dictates it's an inconsistency in the server concept.

If people 'like' or 'dislike' that is irrelevant. It's blizzlike and will 100% be the case in Classic.

Rogues on RetroWoW can not use Thistle Tea in duels due to its insane price. Thistle Tea needs to be on in-game vendors (as with the case of Blinding Power) or put on the vote-point shop at the very least.
(01-13-2019, 11:12 PM)Hisana Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a boost. It's a correction.

If the spell power coefficient on an ability is wrong, and therefore corrected.. it's not a boost. It's a correction. This is supposed to be a representation of vanilla WoW. It's not league of legends where we have a balance patch every month.

If something becomes stronger/better then it is a boost whether it is intended or not.

I compare the suggestion to what is the current norm, not too vanilla wow.

This conversation is being derailed though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4