RetroWoW Forum
Making support classes more viable in raids - Printable Version

+- RetroWoW Forum (https://retro-wow.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Suggestions & Feedback (https://retro-wow.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Forum: Server Suggestions (https://retro-wow.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Making support classes more viable in raids (/showthread.php?tid=13211)

Pages: 1 2

Making support classes more viable in raids - fyrinx - 01-29-2019

Hello.

I would like to suggest few things that would make support classes more viable as one would be quite bored of current system. This suggestion would primarly fix the mana issues each class faces.

Here are the suggested fixes:

Balance druids: Add additional 50 mp5 buff upon having moonkin aura on.

Feral druids: Add additional 50 mp5 buff upon having Leader of the Pack on.

Enhancement and elemental shaman: Add 50 mp5 buff when elementalfury/stormstrike is learned. Although in PvE there is little reason to bring elemental shaman at all.

Shadow priest: Add additional 50 mp5 when shadowform is active.

Rettribution paladin: Add additional 50 mp5 when Vengeance(5/5) is learned

Prot paladin: Add additional 50 mp5 when Holy Shield is learned. (Prot paladins are generally very weak compared to the other tanks)

Additionally one thing that could be done is to remove the class requirement for set items. 

I don't know if this would ruin the whole vanilla feel, although I imagine 5-man raids does that job pretty well aswell.

RE: Making support classes more viable in raids - kfcrampage - 01-30-2019

Absolutely not

This is not a superfun type of server where they make everything to tailor the needs of the many like retail wow. This is similar to vanilla with just the 5 man aspect. Feel free to join a TBC server or above. OR you could even make your own server and list it as a funserver with an entire rework of vanilla.

RE: Making support classes more viable in raids - Sala - 01-30-2019

hard -1

RE: Making support classes more viable in raids - reconone - 01-30-2019

You forgot a few.

1. Give rogues blink and sheep and charge.
2. Make druids able to fly above shooting Fireballs.
3. Give mages the ability to wear warrior t3.

RE: Making support classes more viable in raids - Feltham - 01-30-2019

Here are my arbitrary class change suggestions:

Hunters - Now can wield two ranged weapons at once and minimum range has been removed. 
Warriors - Charge can be used in combat, regardless of stance and has no minimum range. 
Mages - Get an instant cast spammable spell that causes a slow
Rogues - Rogues can sap targets in combat. 
Warlocks - Can use two pets at once, targets that are seduced can take damage and still be seduced.
Paladins - Added Crusader Strike
Shamans - Enhancement shamans can wield a 2-handed weapon and a shield
Priests - Increased the proc chance of Blackout.
Druids - Entangling Roots is instant cast. 

But in all seriousness, they won't change class mechanics. Otherwise this wouldn't be a 1.12.1 Vanilla Server.

RE: Making support classes more viable in raids - fyrinx - 01-31-2019

For the specs listed, mana depletion is a devastating problem in raid. I wonder how much of an inpact that would have in pvp.

RE: Making support classes more viable in raids - Feltham - 01-31-2019

(01-31-2019, 01:18 PM)fyrinx Wrote: For the specs listed, mana depletion is a devastating problem in raid. I wonder how much of an inpact that would have in pvp.

Probably next to none, but that's not the point. You can't arbitrarily change class mechanics - it sucks that Shadow Priests go OOM in raids but they aren't meant for sustained DPS - their purpose is to get blackout procs in PvP.

Hunters aren't that great in raids either, hell Blizzard implemented Tranquilizing Shot just so you'd have a reason to bring one.

Basically, with the raids being 5-man - the issue is more the fact that there is no room for support classes. In all honesty, in retail vanilla you only saw support classes in raids because they would fill a niche roll. There is no niche roles in a 5 man.

RE: Making support classes more viable in raids - kfcrampage - 01-31-2019

(01-31-2019, 02:01 PM)Feltham Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 01:18 PM)fyrinx Wrote: For the specs listed, mana depletion is a devastating problem in raid. I wonder how much of an inpact that would have in pvp.

Probably next to none, but that's not the point. You can't arbitrarily change class mechanics - it sucks that Shadow Priests go OOM in raids but they aren't meant for sustained DPS - their purpose is to get blackout procs in PvP.

if your shadow priests are going oom then something isn't right with the raid set up. If you bring a shadow priest you have a paladin healer who keeps judgment of wisdom up 24/7 on bosses and the priest needs to hold their own mana pots + demonic runes. They really should't be going oom at all. Vanilla you down rank mind flay to fit your group. Your dps will always naturally be lower but your healing done is ridiculously high

RE: Making support classes more viable in raids - Feltham - 01-31-2019

(01-31-2019, 03:22 PM)kfcrampage Wrote: if your shadow priests are going oom then something isn't right with the raid set up. If you bring a shadow priest you have a paladin healer who keeps judgment of wisdom up 24/7 on bosses and the priest needs to hold their own mana pots + demonic runes. They really should't be going oom at all. Vanilla you down rank mind flay to fit your group. Your dps will always naturally be lower but your healing done is ridiculously high

I like this response, rather than ask the server to change, figure out what's wrong in your setup.

RE: Making support classes more viable in raids - kfcrampage - 01-31-2019

(01-31-2019, 03:30 PM)Feltham Wrote: I like this response, rather than ask the server to change, figure out what's wrong in your setup.

well today is just another day above ground