Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naxxramas 10man
(08-03-2017, 02:54 PM)LeMinistre Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 08:18 AM)ouroboroz Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 07:17 PM)LeMinistre Wrote: A 10m naxx isn't supposed to be harder, it's supposed to bring in more ways and compositions to clear the raid.

But as with most suggestions here, people want stuff given to them with minimal effort and skills required so I can only assume people that don't want this aren't as great as they think they are.

You missed the whole point. I'm not talking about a 10m naxx in my last sentence but about people like you who's reasons are ¨it's gonna be harder for me so I don't want this¨  Have I said in the last sentence anything about naxx or this suggestion ? No, merely pointing out that people here are not up to challenges, pretty much what your whole answer is about, not being up to the task.
The suggestion is to make naxx a 10 man raid. You referred to "A 10 man naxx" by using the pronoun "this".
I would like for you to read up on pronouns before proceeding with this conversation. I can understand some people didn't have proper schooling regarding grammar. Here is a way to get you started on this (you see what I did there? Rolleyes ): http://dictionary.cambridge.org/grammar/...hese-those

So to what word did "this" refer to in MY last sentence? (I'll colorcode it for you)
PS: If you wanted to refer to "most suggestions", the correct pronoun would have been "these".
My grammar may not be perfect, but considering I learned it mostly by myself amd it's my 2nd language, it's pretty good.

In the meantime, besides attacking my grammar you've forgotten to adress the fact that it's not gonna be really harder to find a raid and clear naxx, showing you're not up to the task.
(08-04-2017, 12:23 AM)LeMinistre Wrote: My grammar may not be perfect, but considering I learned it mostly by myself amd it's my 2nd language,  it's pretty good.

In the meantime, besides attacking my grammar you've forgotten to adress the fact that it's not gonna be really harder to find a raid and clear naxx, showing you're not up to the task.

I like how you acknowledge your grammar isn't perfect, it's the first step to improvement. I'm proud of you. Nevertheless, I would like you to read carefully the sentences you post. It would save us both time, thank you.

You would like me "to adress the fact that it's not gonna be really harder to find a raid and clear naxx". It seems to me you don't want to discuss this seeing as you already state it's a fact in your eyes. A fact is according to the Oxford dictionary "a thing that is known or proved to be true"². You've already made up your mind about this matter, so I don't see why I should even try to convince you otherwise. Also you have been prejudicing me thinking I would not like a challenge, making me believe you don't use this sub-forum for a productive discussion on what would make this server better but rather use it as a means to troll people.

Regardless of the points I made, which you can find in the previous paragraph, I will adress your reply.

(08-03-2017, 02:54 PM)LeMinistre Wrote: 1- So it's also fair that the bis players play together and do alt raids to gear their alts while the new players you're defending so dearly are struggling to kill pw ? It's already much easier for the bis players to get gear, this will only bring a balance because they will need the newcomers to fill their ranks unless they have 10 bis friends online.

2- it's harder to consistently find 9 other mage, war, lock, rogue, hpal. Now you can invite druids, priests, hunts, shaman, right there is 4 classes that barely get the chance to do naxx nowaday.

3- Like most suggestions, yes this would require some time to do, but it would bring something new and appealing to the server, unless you're the ¨hand me everything easily¨type of guy.

1. It's a bump in the road every new player on this server has to go through, the first character is always the hardest to gear. After a couple of runs getting the first pieces of T3 it's easily doable to clear Naxx up until KT, the only difference between the players who are BiS and the ones who got their first pieces of Naxx-loot is the time to clear the dungeon. You also seem to simplify the problem where you think only BiS players play with other BiS players, and only new players play with new players. It's a mix of everything. I did my fair share of boosting people through Naxx the first months I played on this server, so did many others. All in all this "problem" has too many unknown variables which we could only solve with hard data, even then it can only amount to a prediction considering the data was taken in a 5-man setting, not 10-man. It's pointless to discuss this argument further cause we'd only be guessing about what the consequence of making naxx a 10 man would do the homogenisation of the player base.

2. I have done atleast 75% of my naxx raids as a priest or druid (rough estimate). Barely have I received a reply stating they only want a paladin. This is only the findings of one player, me, so I dare not make any generalisations regarding this matter for other people who don't play the classes which are considered the meta.

3. Would it be something new? Yes. Would it be something appealing? Subjective, but in my opinion, yes. It would appeal to players who have done 5 man naxx plenty of times. For new comers it won't matter too much if it's a 5 man or a 10 man. It's their first time where they face a challenge. That's atleast what I felt when I first stepped foot in Naxx with my friends who were also "badly" geared to be able to complete it. Maybe figure out a way to add content, instead of reworking it. The server tuned RFC to level 60. Maybe we should consider all possible avenues on how we can make the server more appealing before voting yes or no on only 1 idea that's been put forth.

Food for thought.

Friendly greetings,

Ouroboroz

² https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fact
Well, first of all, congratulations on your grammar skills, I am glad to see you are fortunate enough to master a single language and I feel you think you deserve congratulations, so here they are.

Second, another congratulation on your perspicacity and figuring out that I troll people often. 

What you don't deserve congratulations for is that you may think I like trolling people more then I like this server, but in truth, I've spent countless hours on suggestions here with the idea of improving the server and making it appealing to new comers, 10m naxx being one of those.

1. since you think it's pointless to argue about it, I'll skip it altogether and I agree that it's mostly a guess and that neither of us can predict for sure the outcome of 10m naxx.

2. Have you tryed to find a raid as Shadow priest or balance druid or feral? Have you often found people quickly playing one of those 2 classes as dps, like many want to do ?

3. The suggestion  for other dungeons to be tuned has been done already, unfortunately this is the ¨10m naxx suggestion¨ thread and this is what is being discussed here. You're welcome to make a new thread about it and bring in many good reasons to do it with your valuable insight. Also, you may think 10m naxx won't matter too much to new players, but how do you know that ?  I know I loved to do 10m UBRS back in the days instead of just 5m dungeons and that it felt different and appealing even though it meant finding 5 more players and sharing loots with them (because that seems to be one of the problems you stated, having to share with others.)

4. There are many pros and cons, and we can spend a lot of time discussing them, but I'd prefer if you could take that time to correct my mistakes so I can write a text that a braindead grammar nazi can read without asking himself, did he mean there or their ?
(08-05-2017, 04:24 PM)LeMinistre Wrote: Well, first of all, congratulations on your grammar skills, I am glad to see you are fortunate enough to master a single language and I feel you think you deserve congratulations, so here they are.

Second, another congratulation on your perspicacity and figuring out that I troll people often. 

What you don't deserve congratulations for is that you may think I like trolling people more then I like this server, but in truth, I've spent countless hours on suggestions here with the idea of improving the server and making it appealing to new comers, 10m naxx being one of those.

1. since you think it's pointless to argue about it, I'll skip it altogether and I agree that it's mostly a guess and that neither of us can predict for sure the outcome of 10m naxx.

2. Have you tryed to find a raid as Shadow priest or balance druid or feral? Have you often found people quickly playing one of those 2 classes as dps, like many want to do ?

3. The suggestion  for other dungeons to be tuned has been done already, unfortunately this is the ¨10m naxx suggestion¨ thread and this is what is being discussed here. You're welcome to make a new thread about it and bring in many good reasons to do it with your valuable insight. Also, you may think 10m naxx won't matter too much to new players, but how do you know that ?  I know I loved to do 10m UBRS back in the days instead of just 5m dungeons and that it felt different and appealing even though it meant finding 5 more players and sharing loots with them (because that seems to be one of the problems you stated, having to share with others.)

4. There are many pros and cons, and we can spend a lot of time discussing them, but I'd prefer if you could take that time to correct my mistakes so I can write a text that a braindead grammar nazi can read without asking himself, did he mean there or their ?
English isn't my native language, just so you know.

2. Shadow priests, balance/feral druid also aren't asked in 40 man raids (maybe 1 spot). I don't see how tuning naxx to 10 man on here is gonna change that considering this is a problem of vanilla class balancing and not one of raid size.

3. The point I was making is that there's only so much development the developers can do, maybe we should try and consider all possible improvements on this server instead of only talking about one. (you have only been promoting this idea for a while now without giving any other suggestions)

4. If you still didn't understand the problem you caused by using the wrong pronoun since there were 2 possible nouns you could be referring to then I don't think you have learned a thing from the insight I've been giving you. A grammar mistake is not the same as spelling mistake.
(08-05-2017, 05:24 PM)ouroboroz Wrote: 4. If you still didn't understand the problem you caused by using the wrong pronoun since there were 2 possible nouns you could be referring to then I don't think you have learned a thing from the insight I've been giving you. A grammar mistake is not the same as spelling mistake.

Bashing someone's mistake on their 2nd language doesn't make you smart. He has the time to learn the 2nd language to speak to you yet you still don't thank him. Good job, you are one big boy))

Off to the topic, Ministre is wanting a change here and nothing has happened through out 2 months already, that is why he barely logs on here.

nEw coRE is the onlY hoPE
(08-05-2017, 05:43 PM)Ipolykek Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 05:24 PM)ouroboroz Wrote: 4. If you still didn't understand the problem you caused by using the wrong pronoun since there were 2 possible nouns you could be referring to then I don't think you have learned a thing from the insight I've been giving you. A grammar mistake is not the same as spelling mistake.

Bashing someone's mistake on their 2nd language doesn't make you smart. He has the time to learn the 2nd language to speak to you yet you still don't thank him. Good job, you are one big boy))

Off to the topic, Ministre is wanting a change here and nothing has happened through out 2 months already, that is why he barely logs on here.

nEw coRE is the onlY hoPE

You should read more carefully what was said. I said he contradicted himself, he said afterwards he didn't in an offensive manner. I pointed out by dissecting his sentence that he did. If he wanted me to not talk down to him in that way then maybe he shouldn't have started it like that. English is my 3rd language and yes everyone makes mistakes, so do I, but instead of standing still for one second and asking himself he made a mistake writing his point he immediately goes on the defensive saying he didn't in a trolling manner.

w/e i'm done with you people, mature discussions are not ment for this place
(08-05-2017, 05:56 PM)ouroboroz Wrote: w/e i'm done with you people, mature discussions are not ment for this place

cryy
(08-05-2017, 07:28 PM)Ipolykek Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 05:56 PM)ouroboroz Wrote: w/e i'm done with you people, mature discussions are not ment for this place

cryy

Like poly said, I've been promoting different ideas with little to no feedback from gms aside that they didn't put the suggestions in ¨declined¨ and I've been through the content here countless times and idgaf about being a tryhard and getting all bis on every single char so I barely play here anymore due to lack of new things to do. 

I may start being a little more active once the new core is here, but in the meantime, instead of crying about my ¨lack of suggestions¨ why don't you take an hour to write a well writen suggestion instead of crying on other people's suggestion and about other people's grammar ? 

Once again, congratulations are in order since it seems you can write a proper english, well done mate, it's time for you to go debate with grown ups and let the trolls do their things.

kthxbye
I almost forgot.. one last thing Ouro... If you ever expect someone to reply to your posts without being on the defensive, why don't you find a better way to start then a condescending ¨good job contradicting yourself.¨ and start of with a polite introduction that looks like ¨you're contradicting yourself because... and then start explaining your points.¨

It seems my english ain't perfect, but your manners need a much bigger improvement then my english.

It's too bad proper english doesn't come with proper behavior.