Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AB Group Queue
Any plans on fixing this? Just curious. Thanks!
It was done on purpose so people have an option of a solo queue bg. Sometimes wsg prems get a lil crazy haha.
(01-14-2019, 03:34 AM)xl2pilc Wrote: It was done on purpose so people have an option of a solo queue bg. Sometimes wsg prems get a lil crazy haha.

ahh ty that's dumb because wsg sucks.
WSG sucks because of premades vs PUGs
Premades destroy the game. People get put off by getting farmed and log off.
I HAZ AN IDEA
What if....the player limit on premades is set to 5?

So whether you do warsong or AB, you can only have 5 people in your group.
(01-15-2019, 10:50 AM)kfcrampage Wrote: I HAZ AN IDEA

That idea has been thrown around a lot in threads such as these. Most premades are just 10 random players with no real advantage other than the fact that there are 10 players. 

I've pointed out the problem with premades in WSG - it usually results in the following:
  • Team A (Premade) starts with 10 Players.
  • Team B (Pug) starts with 5 players
What ends up occurring is Team B never has 10 players. Some people see that they're up against 10 people when we have 5 and say "fuck it" and leave. Then Team A because they know they can't lose, just farms the GY for shits. Some new players join, but players are constantly leaving as well. 

When I'm in the situation of Team B, I ask my team to stay back and wait for more. At least if we can get some players it won't be a lop-sided GY farm. 

At least with a restricted premade size this would occur less. 

In regards to AB, games have been running the nights that I've been on. Most of the time it's just players waiting for WSG to pop it seems but I was in some decent ABs recently. I doubt a 5 man premade would adversely impact AB either.
"Any day above ground is a good day" ~ Leslie Feltham (Poppy)

Even 2 man que is enough to win a bg like warsong

(01-15-2019, 02:06 PM)Feltham Wrote:

That idea has been thrown around a lot in threads such as these. Most premades are just 10 random players with no real advantage other than the fact that there are 10 players. 

I've pointed out the problem with premades in WSG - it usually results in the following:
  • Team A (Premade) starts with 10 Players.
  • Team B (Pug) starts with 5 players
What ends up occurring is Team B never has 10 players. Some people see that they're up against 10 people when we have 5 and say "fuck it" and leave. Then Team A because they know they can't lose, just farms the GY for shits. Some new players join, but players are constantly leaving as well. 

When I'm in the situation of Team B, I ask my team to stay back and wait for more. At least if we can get some players it won't be a lop-sided GY farm. 

At least with a restricted premade size this would occur less. 

In regards to AB, games have been running the nights that I've been on. Most of the time it's just players waiting for WSG to pop it seems but I was in some decent ABs recently. I doubt a 5 man premade would adversely impact AB either.

I like the idea of a 5-man group queue. That seems fair. Thanks for the replies, folks! \o