Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaman dual wield
Question 
Hello guys,

I'm starting to doubt that shaman can dual wield on this version of Vanilla.

Can someone enlight me about this ?

I just created a sham, upped every weapon skill but I still can not equip a 1h weapon in off-hand.
Did I miss something or do I have to play 2H only ?

Thanks for your answers !  Big Grin
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Shaman+dual+weild+vanilla+wow
This looks very comprehensive to do. Can you explain? Big Grin
I heard this frontknight is very good maybe you should consider going back to it.
         <Yakuza>
Retro's best player lolexdi

(06-26-2019, 08:00 AM)Grossak Wrote: Hello guys,

I'm starting to doubt that shaman can dual wield on this version of Vanilla.

Can someone enlight me about this ?

I just created a sham, upped every weapon skill but I still can not equip a 1h weapon in off-hand.
Did I miss something or do I have to play 2H only ?

Thanks for your answers !  Big Grin

The only time Shamans were able to dual wield in vanilla was the pre-patch before Burning Crusade came out. We had access to level 70 talents for a few months before BC dropped.

In 1.12.1 and all prior versions of vanilla, Shamans can only wield one one-hander or one two-hander (requires a talent, I spent points to show said talent: https://classicdb.ch/?talent#hZxV0z).

Sometimes while playing enhance, it's beneficial to switch a 1h/shield in certain situations. So you will still have a use for a decent one-hander.
"Any day above ground is a good day" ~ Leslie Feltham (Poppy)
Experienced shaman here:

Use 2h for casters
Use 1h + shield for vs any physical dps (warrior/rogue definitely)

If you have weapon swap on a macro, then you can use some sort of stun and switch to a 2h and stormstrike to try to get a free unavoidable whack/windfury in but you won't do more average dps vs a warrior/rogue in regards to melee vs melee so the shield will help you long enough to get more shocks/totem spells off.
(06-26-2019, 04:46 PM)kfcrampage Wrote: Experienced shaman here:

Use 2h for casters

If you have weapon swap on a macro, then you can use some sort of stun and switch to a 2h and stormstrike to try to get a free unavoidable whack/windfury in but you won't do more average dps vs a warrior/rogue in regards to melee vs melee so the shield will help you long enough to get more shocks/totem spells off.

I've played enhance a bit too (https://retro-wow.com/character/1/85910), and I totally agree.

I learned really fast that trying to go toe to toe against a warrior/rogue whilst wearing a two-hander was a bad plan. You have the ability to kite, use it. Basically, they'll eat you alive if you let them swing, shamans don't have a lot of armour even with mail (unless you equip a shield, then you're a lot tankier against melee).
(06-26-2019, 05:36 PM)Feltham Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 04:46 PM)kfcrampage Wrote: Experienced shaman here:

Use 2h for casters

I've played enhance a bit too (https://retro-wow.com/character/1/85910), and I totally agree.

I learned really fast that trying to go toe to toe against a warrior/rogue whilst wearing a two-hander was a bad plan. You have the ability to kite, use it. Basically, they'll eat you alive if you let them swing, shamans don't have a lot of armour even with mail (unless you equip a shield, then you're a lot tankier against melee).

I just wanted to say I like your post but respectfully disagree with the armor choices. <3
Yeah I went with a hybrid where I wanted some SP too. Was experimental