Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Please fix Seal of Command
To whom it may concern,

it appears seal of command is locked to a static 70% of swing damage on this realm, without accounting for it being a holy damage effect and not a physical one, as well as not scaling 20% with AP and 29% with Spell damage as it is supposed to. I note other forum members have made threads about this in the past and would like to repeat their plea that this spell is fixed to how it worked in the original game.

Thank you
Hi

Seconded, This should really be fixed.

~King's Honor
I've never seen a private server who got that correctly put into the game. I think it's just a really hard piece of code.
It cant be that hard? the formula is pretty simple!
(06-30-2019, 03:53 PM)shinatawa Wrote: It cant be that hard? the formula is pretty simple!

You technically have to code the damage as holy so it ignores armor but base the crit chance using your physical chance to crit. Then the scaling needs to include physical and spell damage scaling. It's complicated
Even still, its pretty gamebreaking that paladins - whose dps arent exactly top notch to begin with - have to languish with one of their main damage abilities broken
(07-01-2019, 11:57 AM)kfcrampage Wrote:
(06-30-2019, 03:53 PM)shinatawa Wrote: It cant be that hard? the formula is pretty simple!

You technically have to code the damage as holy so it ignores armor but base the crit chance using your physical chance to crit. Then the scaling needs to include physical and spell damage scaling. It's complicated

Are you a developer? This sounds like a simple problem to me. The math is simple as well.
(07-02-2019, 12:34 AM)haggbart Wrote:

Are you a developer? This sounds like a simple problem to me. The math is simple as well.

I'll never be a developer for wow. What I'm saying is the best I can understand. There has never been a private server, to my knowledge, that has gotten the paladin seal correct for command. If it's so simple, I suggest you learn how to code it yourself because clearly it ain't easy or it would have been done.
(07-02-2019, 01:10 AM)kfcrampage Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 12:34 AM)haggbart Wrote:

I'll never be a developer for wow. What I'm saying is the best I can understand. There has never been a private server, to my knowledge, that has gotten the paladin seal correct for command. If it's so simple, I suggest you learn how to code it yourself because clearly it ain't easy or it would have been done.

It's most likely just an issue that has been overlooked/forgotten/not prioritized, similar to other issues that has been closed in the past that wasn't difficult to fix at all. Generally, the more challenging issues are those who require using reverse engineering techniques.

Quote:I suggest you learn how to code yourself

Again, you're just guessing. 

Why not comment on what OP is suggestiong instead of doing baseless guesswork?
(07-02-2019, 03:30 AM)haggbart Wrote: ...

Everyone is guessing, but kfc has a point in that, if other servers haven't managed to fix this issue, it's unlikely to be done here.

But there is no harm in asking