Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Battleground Imbalance (New suggestion)
The point is simple, maybe even too simple:

Players with higher rank TEND to have a higher skill cap AND/OR TEND to have a better gear.

Now some r0 player might be better than r14 players, some r0 player might also have better gear than r14 players
Sure, so what.
The motivation of this thread is to increase wsg's balance, not to make it perfect, wich is why i use the word "tend", and not "be", because there is always variations and tendencies.
Taking into account player's rank is not perfect, but it will increase the % of balanced games

Although if you want my opinion, a way more efficient way to have interesting/balanced wsg would be to reworked the reward system to actually change the very core of the issue; player's mindset when they enter a wsg and how they perceive their interest since their gameplay is directly linked to the reward they might have from that gameplay
(07-20-2018, 12:47 PM)walenkryx Wrote: The point is simple, maybe even too simple:

Players with higher rank TEND to have a higher skill cap AND/OR TEND to have a better gear.

Now some r0 player might be better than r14 players, some r0 player might also have better gear than r14 players
Sure, so what.
The motivation of this thread is to increase wsg's balance, not to make it perfect, wich is why i use the word "tend", and not "be", because there is always variations and tendencies.
Taking into account player's rank is not perfect, but it will increase the % of balanced games

Although if you want my opinion, a way more efficient way to have interesting/balanced wsg would be to reworked the reward system to actually change the very core of the issue; player's mindset when they enter a wsg and how they perceive their interest since their gameplay is directly linked to the reward they might have from that gameplay

Thanks for the support.

Do you have any suggestions on how to accomplish your last statement?
the idea is to have as many players as possible with the same mindset in a bg, because that's the only moment you can have fun, if half your team is farming mid and the other half playing the flag, you have everyone at the end of the wsg being frustrated. Which is totally normal because vanilla is all about playing together, that when the game is simply awesome but i think if you are on retrowow you completely agree on that.

So the idea is to have one and only one reward in a bg, and not the actual 2 rewards we have right now because even if i totally agree on the fact that gear is a huge factor in bg's unbalance, I will tend to think that a major and more deep issue simply is the way players see the game.
With different rewards, you split player's motivation and the gameplay become solo and selfish.
With one reward, you will tend to see bg's with players that share the same objective, making the bg way more interesting and balanced.

Basically, have only mark of wsg as a reward in wsg so everyone focuses on playing the flag and remove pvp tokens from that bg is what i think would be very benefitial to wsg.

The pvp tokens should be put in AV to make av proc more, because if you split reward in specific bg's, you make them unique in a way. An increase in pvp token value can be considered since it will be a bit rarer, there is always a solution to keep approximatly the same gold ppl used to have in X amount of time.

So yea, one single and same objective making people play together, communicate more and who knows, more aware of what's happening in a bg and/or teamfight, since the objective of playing the flag requires a lot of qualities and it certaintly doesn't remove teamfight and midfighting, it simply make that way of playing having more sense and meaning to it.
(07-20-2018, 05:42 PM)walenkryx Wrote: ...

So basically disable PVP tokens from AB and WSG. I agree that it would encourage more cooperation.

You should make a separate post about it (if you haven't already).
Yea I've made several posts about it actually, I believe your idea and mine complete each other pretty well since we have the same will to make wsg better.

And I actually think there is a real gap in the possible improvement regarding bg's quality, and I feel like a lot of people feel the same regarding that quality retrowow's bgs have (and is far superior to most other private bgs imo) that can still be heavily increased if we make the changes that are right