Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WSG SoloQ Class Tier List
Anything related to flag carry is good for solo-tag. rest is situational, expect warrior, warrior is garbage.
aight
mdsoihnfiashud Big Grin
(06-04-2018, 03:56 PM)Feltham Wrote:
(06-04-2018, 09:37 AM)Archaureous Wrote: Any hybrid class has a much greater solo utility and impact than a straight damage dealer if used to their full potential. As long as they know how and when to use their support skills/totems, know when to heal others and when to help with their own damage. Even a well played(and properly geared) enhancement shaman, or ret/reck pally can be invaluable to a team and help turn the tides. As such the healing classes have a higher skill cap then alot of the other classes, in pvp they can utilize every aspect of their class, which sadly the majority do not.

I agree, probably my most played character here is my reck paladin. In almost all cases a holy paladin is better, but I play reck for the nostaglia factor. I run the full t2.5 set on my paladin so my mana pool is around 4k. Obviously I can't pump the heals out like a holy paladin, but I still heal. Playing reck is all about positioning, chasing a target is pointless most of the time. To perform well I need to be within casting range of an ally at all times, otherwise like you said above I am not utilizing every aspect of my class. My holy light crits for about 2.2K, takes time to cast but as long as my positioning is sound I will be able to get the heal off. I run the libram that increases flash of light, I see FoL crits for about 800. Not as effective as a holy paladin, but I can save someone's life.

Most of my game is spent cleansing my allies, since all I have to do in order to deal damage is auto-attack and cast judgment, I can spend a lot of my time focusing of the status of my team. I rarely need to use blessing of freedom on myself since I can cleanse most slowing effects (with the exception of warriors and warlocks). Blessing of sanctuary makes you impervious to CC, so having a buddy to follow around is nice.

Like I said above, chasing enemies most of the time is pointless, if I'm caught alone I usually just kite, find LoS and flee versus trying to take someone out 1v1 - unless I am in a situation where I have no outs, then just pray to RNGesus and fight till you drop. In the ideal situation I should never be alone, but obviously shit happens.

If I am hard casting heals, eventually someone will notice and try to take me out. That's where reck comes in. In most cases I want my enemies to come to me since I have no closing abilities. Also if I become the target, then the allies I was assisting can now free-cast.

Basically, a hybrid spec has to provide support to the team on-top of dealing damage - otherwise they are underutilized. A reck paladin spamming /sit in mid to get stacks is beyond useless. A reck paladin that peels for his team and provides support via offheals, cleanse, blessings of freedom and protection can easily turn a game around. If he plays with his team, the opportunities to get big reck-bombs will present themselves.

Agreed. I find it to be a class, particularly with reckbomb, a spec, that has no limits. I currently am http://retro-wow.com/character/1/212834 (Pretty sure sheild doesn't work, though. Usually using R14/Condemnation.) Particularly with this set up, and the 8-piece T3 Cleanse heal, you aren't dying. The heal also crits often (usually ~500+ so you can easily just never die off that.) 
Not using Blessing of Freedom on yourself unless needed, and throwing it on a warrior can really make the difference. A warrior getting healed with Freedom is scary...
Also with my particular spec having Shield Specilization/Holy Shield, you will kill a BiS Ret, and still have  100% HP lol. Rogues are a joke. Warriors struggle with rage. Just generally so hard for anyone to kill this particular setup...
(11-15-2018, 01:03 PM)dawade Wrote: Agreed. I find it to be a class, particularly with reckbomb, a spec, that has no limits. I currently am http://retro-wow.com/character/1/212834 (Pretty sure sheild doesn't work, though. Usually using R14/Condemnation.) Particularly with this set up, and the 8-piece T3 Cleanse heal, you aren't dying. The heal also crits often (usually ~500+ so you can easily just never die off that.) 
Not using Blessing of Freedom on yourself unless needed, and throwing it on a warrior can really make the difference. A warrior getting healed with Freedom is scary...
Also with my particular spec having Shield Specilization/Holy Shield, you will kill a BiS Ret, and still have  100% HP lol. Rogues are a joke. Warriors struggle with rage. Just generally so hard for anyone to kill this particular setup...

8/8 Paladin T3 is ridiculously good for PvP, sometimes it makes more sense not to put any DoTs or effects on the paladin so he has to hard cast something and you can go for a CS or a kick.

A warrior with freedom and active healing is scary, on my paladin warriors are my number one target for freedoms, they make the best use of it. With improved freedom it basically has no cooldown anyways.