Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Time Required for Raids
[quote pid='28151' dateline='1529482814']
Only abom wing need full clear? If so then i don't think i am wrong.
[/quote]

That was the only one I tested. I am pretty sure that same goes for military.

And even if it is only Abo it is still an extra 30min to the wing spent clearing trash.
(06-20-2018, 11:40 AM)mentos987 Wrote: [quote pid='28151' dateline='1529482814']

And even if it is only Abo it is still an extra 30min to the wing spent clearing trash.
[/quote]

1-2 wing that need full trash clear is fair, not having to clear any trash is like free loot...naxx should have at 2 wings that need full clear, and if anyone else asking for less than this then he is basically asking for free loot.

(06-20-2018, 09:05 PM)samrogue Wrote:
(06-20-2018, 11:40 AM)mentos987 Wrote: [quote pid='28151' dateline='1529482814']

1-2 wing that need full trash clear is fair, not having to clear any trash is like free loot...naxx should have at 2 wings that need full clear, and if anyone else asking for less than this then he is basically asking for free loot.
[/quote]

Asking for a 5-hour raid instead of a 7-hour one is asking for free loot? It would still require a lot more effort than the old core. And that was only one of my suggestions. The other one was to change the ID reset timer.
I'll speak as GM of <Colossus> who has cleared Naxx fully including KT twice. Our group is nearly full BiS (minus a few minor upgrade items).

It has taken us 7 hours (we can likely get that that down to 5/5.5 hours with practice). And having been in different groups, I can say right now we're clearing trash at near double the rate as other groups often do and many would need 8/9 hours.

As a warlock for those 7 hours, my raid costs:
4 Flasks of Supreme Power - 2,000g
7 - Greater Arcane Elixir (50g per) - 350g
14 - Elixir of Shadow Power (75g per) - 1050g
2 - Dirge Kick Chimeraoks (50g per) - 100
5 Brilliant Wizard Oil - 250g
10 Major Mana Potion (60g per) - 600g
Total cost - 4,350g
*Let's take for granted what is necessary or now, for tanks this will be more, other classes more/less.

In our last Naxx Raid, I got 1 of 4 items left I "need".

On a geared CH group it's easy to make 3,500g/hour (not including mystery bag, I'd say closer to 4k but I'm putting low).

In 7 hours, that's 24,500g. Meaning had I CH farmed, I would have had the same item and ended up with a net 8850g. Even if we're hyper efficient in 5 hours, CH farming still is more efficient by 1,850g (again ignoring all flasks).

--------------------------
Final points:
There is a current incentive imbalance that dissuades people from Naxx raiding.
It's been 18 days and there's only 3 confirmed KT kills (2 from us, 1 from the PUG group)

Recommendations:
Make trash not linked to boss
Make Raid reset cycle from 2 days to 3/4 days
Calculate # of trash and put out a new Gold quest for Naxx trash that offsets the current imbalance
(In short, lower raid time, give more time to complete raids, give more gold to raid, or increase drop rate, etc)

But we need an actual reason to go to Naxx because currently "I like raiding" will get burned out with 7 hour raid times. So far our guild has lost 4 active raiders due to the needed time and not willing to raid. It has affected 2 of our raid groups and raid participation.
I mean if Archaeus right and if people are able to get it down to 5 hours ish, i would say that's acceptable.

And about gold quest for clearing naxx, i also agree that it should be incrased, and make special mystery box for it, that gives 1 flask gurranted and give flask of the titans and supreme the higjest rate.

Raids on retail were 3-4 Hours long usually. On every expansion. No way people will spend that long on private server. Specially when it is more profitable, and less frustating to do CH farm... Dont get me wrong i would love to run naxx but no for 5-7 hours...
Raids are shorter on other expansion, but the time required vefore being at that raid that gives bis gear requires months and months.

Your logic is completly wrong.
Here the time required to do a raid that gives bis gear is like 3 weeks max ? Cmon
(06-24-2018, 12:24 PM)walenkryx Wrote: Raids are shorter on other expansion, but the time required vefore being at that raid that gives bis gear requires months and months.

Your logic is completly wrong.
Here the time required to do a raid that gives bis gear is like 3 weeks max ? Cmon

3 weeks from starter to have prebis naxx is not true... Simly due to luck you need on rolls and specially items, but this is not point of this thread.
it is exactly the point of this qq thread that's basically saying the server is not casual anymore.

Ok, it's not 3 weeks to get pre bis naxx even with the reset of raids being of 2 days, let's say it's true.
Let's say it's 5 weeks.

You consider that not being casual friendly? It is still super fucking casual friendly, so for me, the issue is simple.
That qq thread is coming from players that knew the old core and its ridiculously fast and easy access to a bis gear, and since you have absolutely no perspective or common sense whatsoever and can only judge from your own experience, you judge the new core as being too hardcore and not casual friendly anymore.

The server has never been as populated as it is now, sure there are some flaws, but reducing the time required to raid is definitely not one. It allows players to care more about their char, and it's still very casual friendly.
(06-24-2018, 04:09 PM)walenkryx Wrote: it is exactly the point of this qq thread that's basically saying the server is not casual anymore.

Ok, it's not 3 weeks to get pre bis naxx even with the reset of raids being of 2 days, let's say it's true.
Let's say it's 5 weeks.

You consider that not being casual friendly? It is still super fucking casual friendly, so for me, the issue is simple.
That qq thread is coming from players that knew the old core and its ridiculously fast and easy access to a bis gear, and since you have absolutely no perspective or common sense whatsoever and can only judge from your own experience, you judge the new core as being too hardcore and not casual friendly anymore.

The server has never been as populated as it is now, sure there are some flaws, but reducing the time required to raid is definitely not one. It allows players to care more about their char, and it's still very casual friendly.

Yeah GL changing their minds...

They will always cry about this, no matter what you say or do!