Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Honor Ranks based on overall HKS
As mentioned before, this could lead to mindless mid farming.
An interesting approach could be where there is a system implemented which saves data about wins and losses from BGs and inputs it into a database e.g. on the website, players could retrieve their determined rank from there.

In whole, this would lead to more competitive mindset and bragging rights within the pvp community at Retro.
(11-19-2018, 06:21 PM)mkat Wrote: An interesting approach could be where there is a system implemented which saves data about wins and losses from BGs and inputs it into a database e.g. on the website, players could retrieve their determined rank from there.

Now that's an idea I can really get behind, making your rank a reflection of your objective contribution in Battlegrounds.

Coming up with the exact system may be difficult, retail WoW had the Rated Battlegrounds system.

I don't have the technical data, but I imagine the Rated BGs used an Elo-based rating system. If some existing Elo-based system could be ported over and implemented then tweaked - it wouldn't be too much overhead to implement.

Perhaps a decay system would have to be in place so the numbers are current.

Anyways, not enough data to speculate fully - I still appreciate the idea!
(11-19-2018, 06:54 PM)Feltham Wrote:
(11-19-2018, 06:21 PM)mkat Wrote: An interesting approach could be where there is a system implemented which saves data about wins and losses from BGs and inputs it into a database e.g. on the website, players could retrieve their determined rank from there.

Now that's an idea I can really get behind, making your rank a reflection of your objective contribution in Battlegrounds.

Coming...

That sounds like it would incentivise players to do more premades just to look good.

This entire topic is mostly about vanity though. I'd rather see work directly on gameplay.
(11-20-2018, 03:03 PM)mentos987 Wrote: That sounds like it would incentivise players to do more premades just to look good.

This entire topic is mostly about vanity though. I'd rather see work directly on gameplay.

I agree that it would probably result in more premades if it was directly linked to win-rates. But keep in mind in an Elo-based system, premades that play frequently wouldn't get much rank from stomping newer players. Only premade versus premade would yield a noticeable rank increase (assuming their ranks are comparable).

I don't mind playing against premades that actively try to capture the flag. The premades that suck are the ones that just zerg mid/GY farm for 30+ minutes straight. If we can't win I'd rather take the quick loss and hopefully get into a more balanced game.

The idea started as more of an aesthetics conversation which then turned into a game-play suggestion.