Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Remove Graccu's Mince Meat Fruitcake
(12-11-2018, 02:03 PM)Feltham Wrote: Reading comprehension is hard.

Regardless, the more HP a player has, the better the food. That was the whole point of the post.

Imagine if all healing items were % based, healing potions for example. They would be broken on classes or players with lots of HP, versus as a static amount has the same affect across all players making it balanced.

Agreed, and ultimately its not blizzlike.
In retail, the fruitcake was a reward from a quest: http://classicdb.ch/?quest=6962

After completion, you would receive: http://classicdb.ch/?item=17685#contains

They were attainable, but you'd get one. So it probably wasn't the intention for us to have thousands of them. I'd agree we get other items like noggenflogger for free, and that is normally a quest as well. Basically, it's up to the discretion of the developers - we can all get the item - it just benefits geared players far more.
"Any day above ground is a good day" ~ Leslie Feltham (Poppy)
"benefits geared players far more" - true, but there are plenty of other things they can do to bridge the gap other than this.

And doubling the time we have to spend drinking does not sound like an improvement to me, especially not to those who buff up after a ress in bgs.
(12-12-2018, 01:14 AM)mentos987 Wrote: "benefits geared players far more" - true, but there are plenty of other things they can do to bridge the gap other than this.

And doubling the time we have to spend drinking does not sound like an improvement to me, especially not to those who buff up after a ress in bgs.

Oh for sure, I was merely helping Prisom illustrate his point. But yes there are obvious downsides to not being able to use the Fruitcake. And I too like using it in situations where I need to buff, because with static water you have to sit for two to three times as long.

Balance is a difficult topic, there are strengths and weaknesses to certain decisions. I just like participating in the discussions.
I wonder how hard could it be to understand what "FUN SERVER" means...

(12-12-2018, 01:36 PM)samrogue Wrote: I wonder how hard could it be to understand what "FUN SERVER" means...

Thanks for the thoughtful insight there Samrogue.

Why aren't professions and enchants free? Why don't we have custom items? You seem to like to shit on topics for no reason.
(12-12-2018, 01:36 PM)samrogue Wrote: I wonder how hard could it be to understand what "FUN SERVER" means...

Yeah you sit there in the corner and keep on wondering child. Let the adults have their discussion.
Okay, let me explain then. "fun server" is basically EASY mode of the original game, so everything is supposed to be faster and easier towards the people that don't have much time to put into the real game or they are just lazy.

Sam, all you're doing is making an arbitrary point from nothing.

You clearly have nothing to add but obviously you don't like the suggestion. Just reply

"-1 I don't like the suggestion"
"why not give people free gear instead of making them farm gear? farming is so boring, having to do pvp and killing people in bg's is not the definition of having fun, it's a fun server, no?"

Thats exactly what you guys mean when you say "its fun server, let us have everything easy and fast".
You give people free gear and you will see no one on this server anymore because in order to be attractive and a "fun" server, you need less fun things, I know who would have though.
And yet that's the truth, without the hard part and the feeling of accomplishment, you have nothing to keep a player interested and invested. Which is why vanilla is great but maybe a bit too time-consuming.
Retrowow still has a huge gap to fill in order to make players have that feeling of accomplishment, without being even near as time-consuming as vanilla, or any game overall as a matter of fact.
In one word, yes this is a fun server, but the very notion of fun means that it has a rough aspect and some investment required. Something completly free of any kind of work is not fun, it's boring and pointless.

Having players think twice before engaging, or trying to not fight useless fights without any second thought is definitely interesting as it change a player's perception of their gameplay for the best, making them more aware of what's actually happening. This is one more though a player will have, something a bit less fun at first sigh, but definitly fun in the long term as it makes a player feel more immersed into the game.