Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thistle tea availability - rogue authenticity
(01-13-2019, 11:18 PM)mentos987 Wrote: You are talking about handing away free pots. That don't happen in blizz. It is a retro wow feature.

You just proved my point in saying that.

30 silver a pop is basically free. It's a 5 minute CD, you wouldn't be able to spend your money popping them even if you tried. That's how cheap they are. It's no different from poisons and Blind also costing a few silver. It's a part of the rogue concept.

And yes, it is indeed a RetroWoW feature... which is precisely the reason I posted this suggestion.

The concept of RetroWoW is easy accessibility to PvP. (Guess why Blinding Powder is on the poison vendor). The point of the server is to be able to jump straight into battlegrounds repeatedly, or duels. (That's why you can reset CD).

The entire point of my post is to point out that the fact Thistle Tea is so ridiculously expensive on this server is a massive oversight and inconsistent with the other changes made to the server, resulting in Rogues' performances not being authentic.

If you can find a flaw in that logic, I'd be happy if you point it out. And no, I am not demanding that they should be handed out for free. (Although I think they should, because in Classic they most definitely might as well be) They could have an appropriate price on the poison vendor.. or given in exchange for vote-points or PvP-tokens.

But 55g-75g per pop is ridiculous for something that is inherently a part of a rogue's tool kit, especially when dueling people that use engineering helmets, trinkets and tidal charm.

Not to mention flasks are cheaper than Thistle Tea stacks on this server for crying out loud, that's how skewed it is. It's cheaper to flask up than to buy a stack of Thistle Tea that is a natural part of your PvP rotation.
My only counter is that farming gold here is very easy. As is going out and farming the swiftthistle itself. The server is pretty low pop so there isn't much competition for mat farming. But hey warlocks get soulshards from a vendor, so why not tea?
(01-14-2019, 01:53 AM)xl2pilc Wrote: My only counter is that farming gold here is very easy. As is going out and farming the swiftthistle itself. The server is pretty low pop so there isn't much competition for mat farming. But hey warlocks get soulshards from a vendor, so why not tea?

Yeah, gold is easy to come by.. but not 75g per duel kinda easy. On Blizzlike servers / classic you can blow Tea every time it's off CD no big deal. It's a part of the rotation, especially when faced with an opponent using engineering helm, reflectors, tidal charm etc. But on this server you can't do that because it's prohibitively expensive. So you can't practice fighting the way you would on Classic... which is inconsistent with the concept of the server and the logic that has dictated all other changes, such as blinding powder, soulshards, etc.
If you want to put mighty rage potions on a vendor for warriors, then by all means do so. That's what you're saying we should do here. It's not hard to go out and farm your own just like I have to go out and farm gromsblood (or pay my buddy for some). Only reason they're expensive on this realm is because few people are actually farming them. You may consider selling them yourself lol.
(01-14-2019, 07:20 AM)kfcrampage Wrote: If you want to put mighty rage potions on a vendor for warriors, then by all means do so. That's what you're saying we should do here. It's not hard to go out and farm your own just like I have to go out and farm gromsblood (or pay my buddy for some). Only reason they're expensive on this realm is because few people are actually farming them. You may consider selling them yourself lol.

The only 'lol' here is your inability to grasp the difference between a 30 silver pop (Tea) and 3g,80s pop (rage pot). A rage pot is literally over 12 times the price of Thistle Tea on a Blizzlike realm.

There is a reason you don't have to go out and farm mats for Blinding Powder, Soul Shards, etc. It's so that you don't have to spend 90 % of your time farming consumes only to be able to duel people 10 % of the time. The point of the server is to NOT have to spend 90 % of your time farming for mats to duel, but you'll have to do that right now if you want to play a rogue with the tools available to you on a blizzlike / classic server.
They shouldn't be free.

If you want them, buy them. I need to buy my PVP consumables from the AH. So should you.

The only reason thistle tea is so much cheaper on a VERY POPULATED 1x servers is because there are people levelling characters, so they are going to those zones while completing their levelling journey and picking up herbs and selling them is a great way to make gold while levelling. On 1x servers where the population is stagnant and nobody is levelling anymore, thistle tea will sky rocket in value.

It's simple supply and demand.

AH price is dictated by this also. If people stop buying Thistle Tea / start farming it themselves, the price will drop. It's all about if YOU think your time is better spent farming gold / pvp'ing / pve'ing or running around farming herbs (which is boring I agree).
This is actually beyond retarded even discussing about something like this LOL
You guys want the best and most viable consums as rogue for free?!?!?!?! I realy don't understand how you guys can think this would in any means be fair?! What do mages get for this?! Free dark runes/demonic runes?! ayyyy lmao - You guys are just Lazy AND poor.If you want Consumables A) Spend gold b) farm the shid urself

Would the tea be inaccessible than yea sure add it to the vendors for 100g/piece otherwise .... barrnes chat is ur friend ;p
         <Yakuza>
Retro's best player lolexdi

during 90% of vanilla timeline thistle tea was very cheap @blazer, saying the reason it was cheap was just because new players kept coming and farming it and thats not the case on retrowow is not an argument, it's just a fact ...

On retail vanilla thistle tea is very cheap during almost the entire time, it should therefore be equivalently cheap on retrowow. Simple.
speechless.....

trolls or just idiots
         <Yakuza>
Retro's best player lolexdi

(01-14-2019, 07:51 AM)Hisana Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 07:20 AM)kfcrampage Wrote: If you want to put mighty rage potions on a vendor for warriors, then by all means do so. That's what you're saying we should do here. It's not hard to go out and farm your own just like I have to go out and farm gromsblood (or pay my buddy for some). Only reason they're expensive on this realm is because few people are actually farming them. You may consider selling them yourself lol.

The only 'lol' here is your inability to grasp the difference between a 30 silver pop (Tea) and 3g,80s pop (rage pot). A rage pot is literally over 12 times the price of Thistle Tea on a Blizzlike realm.

There is a reason you don't have to go out and farm mats for Blinding Powder, Soul Shards, etc. It's so that you don't have to spend 90 % of your time farming consumes only to be able to duel people 10 % of the time. The point of the server is to NOT have to spend 90 % of your time farming for mats to duel, but you'll have to do that right now if you want to play a rogue with the tools available to you on a blizzlike / classic server.

And your inability to understand what an economy is is quite laughable too. If there were a ton of people farming this then the cost would be almost nothing. Everything on this server costs more money because nobody wants to farm. If you're on a blizzlike server, you're doing something quite often to make money. That gold/hour farming that you do there is how you buy the consumes on that server. So even though you want this server to be "free" you're forgetting that this server HAS an economy and is NOT a buy anything for free duel server. They HAVE those servers out there and retro-wow is not one of them. 

Until you can understand the simple fact that farming gold or farming the item is the only way to obtain it, you have no argument. At this moment in time this server is not an instant 60 pvp only free consumables server. It has an economy and you either need to put something into it for gold or you need to farm the bgs for gold. Figure out what you have to do and stop whining about your want to be lazy.

This is the same attitude that ruined retail wow.