Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello! Just a few questions!
I love raiding and I want to raid right away on your server. Is it still easy to find groups and do raids in pubs? I'm not interested in the PvP, just the PvE raiding. Me and a friend want to get started but we are only 2. I want to know if it's easy enough to find more people to play with as newcomers.

Also, does anyone have a torrent link for the retrowow install?

Thank you!
I just downloaded 1.12 from the internet and used the retro-wow realmlist

There are a fair amount of people who are doing pve. Just keep in mind all raids are 5 man so tactics are different from 40 man raids. It's fun and interesting. Just remember that hunters will rarely be used due to low pve dps. So they're only used like Flamegor in bwl and Gluth in naxx.
what's a good spec that is needed in raids? 5 man raids?! that sounds! awesome!
Most naxx groups consist of; 1 prot warr, 1 holy pala, 1 rogue and 2 shadow warlocks. There are plenty of other setups but this is the most efficient and therefore most common.

A mage or second heal is sometimes needed.
(01-22-2019, 01:38 PM)mentos987 Wrote: Most naxx groups consist of; 1 prot warr, 1 holy pala, 1 rogue and 2 shadow warlocks. There are plenty of other setups but this is the most efficient and therefore most common.

A mage or second heal is sometimes needed.

I beg to differ on the 2 warlocks: it's annoying as hell as a paladin trying to heal 2 warlocks.

Only 1 warlock. cba to heal 2 locks life tapping and a tank.

Yeah when you do bosses there are certain makeups that are useful, you'll discover this in time! But on KT you can't use a mage, oom too fast.

OP asked what spec is useful, idk what class you are though.
(01-22-2019, 12:43 PM)jpanside Wrote: what's a good spec that is needed in raids? 5 man raids?! that sounds! awesome!

Well if you want to raid, being a good healer or tank is always invaluable - but being a 5 man, it's pretty easy to come across tanks and healers too if you want to DPS instead. In regards to spec, figure out the class first - there are pretty standard builds for almost anything. 

But for sure, a tank/healer is always required, as other members have posted - certain fights favour certain classes over others. Now, if you want to be creative - don't let anyone stop you - but obviously there are tried and true methods for doing raids here.

I'd inquire with the guild <WHATEVER WERE AWESOME>, I know they do raids.

Good luck man, hopefully I'll catch you in game.
"Any day above ground is a good day" ~ Leslie Feltham (Poppy)
(01-22-2019, 02:44 PM)Feltham Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 12:43 PM)jpanside Wrote: what's a good spec that is needed in raids? 5 man raids?! that sounds! awesome!

Well if you want to raid, being a good healer or tank is always invaluable - but being a 5 man, it's pretty easy to come across tanks and healers too if you want to DPS instead. In regards to spec, figure out the class first - there are pretty standard builds for almost anything. 

But for sure, a tank/healer is always required, as other members have posted - certain fights favour certain classes over others. Now, if you want to be creative - don't let anyone stop you - but obviously there are tried and true methods for doing raids here.

I'd inquire with the guild <WHATEVER WERE AWESOME>, I know they do raids.

Good luck man, hopefully I'll catch you in game.

YOU KNOW WE DO RAIDS! WHOOOO
as long as our guild isn't full, we have to kick some inactives Big Grin
Welcome buddy.

There are a few guilds playing much PVE and a big group of people doing many raids. If your once in the community you will quickly know some people doing Raids/PVE Stuff with you.

Check out some Threads like: https://retro-wow.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=53

Best regards,
Desidior.