Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mage gold quest.
It would be cool if mages had a quest zone designed to farm with blizzard. Would be another fun way to farm gold.

Something like having many mobs with low health and fast spawn rate, too see all the cool numbers. making it work for 5 mages would be next level awesome.
+

Great idea, I would love some more variaty when it comes to gold farm. Just one thing, make it difficult to "master". Something like CI, where you die fast if you don't do it right.

To avoid arms warriors farming it I suggest you set it at 50% physical damage reduction.

Tbh, I think the current gold farms are too mindless. I don't know if this is by design or if it is difficult to add abilities to an npc.
I don't get why would they make it only for mages lol.

There is already a Gold Farming Zone for mages in Aszhara Crater. What do u expect from Blizzard Farming?
Mobs will hit you and you have to kite them again, so its just the same as in Aszhara Crater.
(01-27-2019, 01:06 AM)samrogue Wrote: I don't get why would they make it only for mages lol.

To get some variety, melees are better for the current gold farm so most play them.
But I'd love other zones for other classes. Maybe a zone with undead creeps that are easy for spellpower paladins to farm.
(01-27-2019, 09:35 AM)Qinkyy Wrote: -1

There is already a Gold Farming Zone for mages in Aszhara Crater. What do u expect from Blizzard Farming?
Mobs will hit you and you have to kite them again, so its just the same as in Aszhara Crater.

I haven't seen the Zone that you are referring to. Could you elaborate? I am fairly sure that I have never seen anyone looking for mages for gold farm.
(01-27-2019, 10:56 AM)mentos987 Wrote:
(01-27-2019, 01:06 AM)samrogue Wrote: I don't get why would they make it only for mages lol.

To get some variety, melees are better for the current gold farm so most play them.
But I'd love other zones for other classes. Maybe a zone with undead creeps that are easy for spellpower paladins to farm.
(01-27-2019, 09:35 AM)Qinkyy Wrote: -1

I haven't seen the Zone that you are referring to. Could you elaborate? I am fairly sure that I have never seen anyone looking for mages for gold farm.

U can easily solo farm the Naxx shoulder enchants. This takes about 45 mins or something as mage. U basically just need some1 to kill Dracolich, but the rest is super ez. Selling Enchants for 3-4k, and farm as much g as u want.
"U can easily solo farm the Naxx shoulder enchants. This takes about 45 mins or something as mage. U basically just need some1 to kill Dracolich, but the rest is super ez. Selling Enchants for 3-4k, and farm as much g as u want. "

I disagree.
  • Sure you can do it, but I think a standard melee group would be faster.
  • It is better-done solo, a 5man group would have to move about a lot.
  • 3-4k for 45min is not very good gold farm. (And I remember it being even slower)
  • The market would saturate in no time at all if several mages did this for gold farm.

Because mages have best aoe, its effective and trying to do it right is fun. Anyone can create mage. blizzard doesnt get much from spell power and gets nothing from crit so having full bis or starter doesnt make much difference when using it. This way If you just create mage and get pre raid bis you are ready. Many people like aoe farming and it wouldnt hurt to have a repeatable quest zone for it. The quest areas that are currently there dont work well with aoe, because mobs stand far apart and have high hp. So farming 1by1 is usually the most effective route except Cursed Island. It would be nice if it was easy to pull a group of 20 mobs with lower hp and be able to aoe them down with something like 5k mana. Having the extra option to do it 5/4mages+1heal would be nice.
(01-28-2019, 01:47 AM)Jaffa Wrote:

Because mages have best aoe, its effective and trying to do it right is fun. Anyone can create mage. blizzard doesnt get much from spell power and gets nothing from crit so having full bis or starter doesnt make much difference when using it. This way If you just create mage and get pre raid bis you are ready. Many people like aoe farming and it wouldnt hurt to have a repeatable quest zone for it. The quest areas that are currently there dont work well with aoe, because mobs stand far apart and have high hp. So farming 1by1 is usually the most effective route except Cursed Island. It would be nice if it was easy to pull a group of 20 mobs with lower hp and be able to aoe them down with something like 5k mana. Having the extra option to do it 5/4mages+1heal would be nice.
What you want is free gold for every mage and this is just idiotic.
Best would be: Pull 3000 mobs, each drops 20g, each has 1hp and each does 0 dmg.
(01-28-2019, 01:47 AM)Jaffa Wrote:

i think i got your point now. Due to CI being #1 gold quest atm and whenever you see a party going for it they only go for melee, But i still think it's no worth developers time, since every class can easily make way more gold from professions.