Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crit cap pvp
What is the crit cap in pvp. 
is it 33 % ?
For a 2h, it's pretty freakin high. You will never reach it.

For Dual Weild...I thought it was 25 + your hit rating
Crit cap in pvp is 100-miss chance+hit rating. So about 95% with a 2hander. For dual wield in pvp it is 100-25+hit rating ~80%

In PVE you fight vs mobs with higher level than you, so you will have glancing blows as well. The crit cap vs. a boss  for a dual wield is 100 - miss chance - glancing blow chance(40%) + hit rating. ~100-25-40+10 = 45%,
i dont think its more then 33% is it
(03-13-2019, 12:17 AM)gengar Wrote: i dont think its more then 33% is it

If you have + 0 hit as a dual wield vs a boss you get a critcap of: 100-25-40+0=35%.

Note that all +crit from buffs must be included here, with world buffs and consumes you can get +15%crit as a melee so in that case you dont want more than 35-15=20%crit from base gear/stats.
There is no cap because ultimately you'd want 100%. Although once you get past a certain point then it becomes redundant and wasteful, especially since you're sacrificing other stats like AP or STA. The sweet spot I found from playing games like Dota 2 is 60%. If you've ever tried double daedalus it makes you hit like a truck because you're critting more often than not compared to only 30%. 60% is also the golden mean and just seems like a logical place to start stacking attack power. But in Retro WoW you'll never reach that so the answer is to just stack as much crit as possible as long as you're not sacrificing too much of other stats like AP or STA depending on whether you want to be tankier or do more damage.

Also consider the overall size of the number. 1 point is alot more significant when the number is lower like 30. Whereas 1 point is nothing for armor where the numbers are in the thousands. And that's why 1% crit is so valuable (20 agi for wars), besides the mechanic itself, as opposed to something like 20 attack power when you have around 1300 (raw % damage increase is different and very good). But you can decide how much attack power makes them equally valuable. And the short answer is.. just stack crit because you'll never have enough in WoW.
(03-14-2019, 01:00 PM)Tonpo Wrote: ...

False, it does not work like that in vanilla wow. 40% of your hits vs bosses will always be glancing blows and they can not crit. So there is an effective crit cap for all melee players.
(03-14-2019, 09:51 PM)mentos987 Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 01:00 PM)Tonpo Wrote: ...

False, it does not work like that in vanilla wow. 40% of your hits vs bosses will always be glancing blows and they can not crit. So there is an effective crit cap for all melee players.

He said PVP.  So change the -1 rep vote you gave me.
(03-15-2019, 11:45 AM)Tonpo Wrote: He said PVP.  So change the -1 rep vote you gave me.

I did not give you negative rep and pvp crit cap is still 100%-miss chance ~95% 2 hander and ~80% for dual wield, which I already stated.

Adding +1%crit, If you have +0 hit and have 75% crit chance as a dual wield warr, will not do anything. Adding the one crit if you have 74% crit chance will give you the full effect (1 more hit in a 100 will crit)
(03-15-2019, 12:45 PM)mentos987 Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 11:45 AM)Tonpo Wrote: He said PVP.  So change the -1 rep vote you gave me.

I did not give you negative rep and pvp crit cap is still 100%-miss chance ~95% 2 hander and ~80% for dual wield, which I already stated.

Adding +1%crit, If you have +0 hit and have 75% crit chance as a dual wield warr, will not do anything. Adding the one crit if you have 74% crit chance will give you the full effect (1 more hit in a 100 will crit)

Having +0 hit doesn't mean you'll miss every attack so having 76% crit will still increase your chances for the times when you do hit the mob.  And that's the same regardless of whether you're duel wielding or using a 2h.  And having 95% crit with 5% hit still gives you a 5% chance not to crit.  So the real crit cap is 100%, or non-existent like I said because you'll never reach more than 50% on this server.  And because you want to be critting 100% of the time when you do hit the mob regardless of what your hit chance is.

So the answer is to stack as much crit as possible since you'll never have enough.  And the soft cap is around 60% because that's when it starts to diminish in value due to redundancy and having to sacrifice other stats like enchanting gloves with agility instead of strength.  But that's just for games in general since 60% is impossible here.