Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban from chat
There are a lot of insult related reports being made lately. Perhaps you could compliment the standard ban with a chat-ban.

When you start on this server you are banned from communicating for 10min, to prevent advertisement I guess. I suggest you add this as a punishment for players. Make it lasts a lot longer though, a week or more.

But leave the /party, /guild and /raid open, so that they can still raid and pvp with friends.

Also, make it IP wide.

-Durzi
(04-06-2019, 11:13 AM)mentos987 Wrote: make it IP wide.

Great suggestion! Although these morons will just use a VPN and continue with the nonsense bullshit in world
(04-06-2019, 05:12 PM)fyochptwitch :) Wrote: Great suggestion! Although these morons will just use a VPN and continue with the nonsense bullshit in world

True, but then they would have to: activate VPN -> create new account -> create new char -> wait 10min. Just to insult another player.

I meant it to be account wide and IP wide.
(04-06-2019, 11:13 AM)mentos987 Wrote: There are a lot of insult related reports being made lately. Perhaps you could compliment the standard ban with a chat-ban.

When you start on this server you are banned from communicating for 10min, to prevent advertisement I guess. I suggest you add this as a punishment for players. Make it lasts a lot longer though, a week or more.

But leave the /party, /guild and /raid open, so that they can still raid and pvp with friends.

Also, make it IP wide.

-Durzi
yeah lets just mute and ban everyone that we disagree with verbally great idea, grow up.
(04-10-2019, 07:30 PM)IVxo Wrote: yeah lets just mute and ban everyone that we disagree with verbally great idea, grow up.

You misunderstand the suggestion. This would be a tool for GMs only and would be used to complement or replace the punishment that they already use (Ban for a short period of time).

I don't suggest this out of malice, I truly do believe that some peoples mouths get in the way or their own enjoyment. There is a reason why horde and alliance can't talk to each other in retail without having to log alts.
(04-06-2019, 06:32 PM)mentos987 Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 05:12 PM)fyochptwitch :) Wrote: Great suggestion! Although these morons will just use a VPN and continue with the nonsense bullshit in world

True, but then they would have to: activate VPN -> create new account -> create new char -> wait 10min. Just to insult another player.

I meant it to be account wide and IP wide.

Yeah true. Bigger process this way, do you know if they have done anything about this since we talked about this?
(06-26-2019, 05:44 AM)fyochptwitch Wrote: .. do you know if they have done anything about this since we talked about this?

No idea
(06-26-2019, 12:54 PM)mentos987 Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 05:44 AM)fyochptwitch Wrote: .. do you know if they have done anything about this since we talked about this?

No idea

gotcha