Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DuelMode in Gurubashi Arena should be a permaban offense
It's the most retarded and unregulated gameplay element on this server. It's no fun, absolutely pathetic and just plain boring.

I'm talking about duelmode abuser in Gurubashi arena. It's always the same a group for 5 People join the arena, dominate it and keep themself with all CDs, Health and Mana up while people wait for the respawn.

Rogues that Vanish, Paladin that use Bubble and run away to reset or even Hunter who use Feign Death. It's beyond me how this is not banned on this Server and has been accepted as just a "normal thing to do".

How in all the hell is that even remotely fair to have perma all CDs up? What's next maybe Battleground with perma all cooldowns when you respawn?

So for god sake add a rule or option to being unable to use duelmode outside of duel arena / hyjal or give a much needed rule to have these people immediately banned.
being bad should be permanent ban offense Smile

i get stoopid on a nigga like im autistic [Image: 1f9d0.png][Image: 1f47f.png] 
What you should be suggesting is that the server staff makes it so that players cannot duel in the Gurubashi arena. That would fix all of these little issues. I never understand why it wasn't that way originally but I never hang out there so this is my first time finding out.

The claim that people should be banned for clever use of game mechanics? That's silly. What they're doing right now is just min maxing their abilities. People duel reset before hopping into battlegrounds, people duel reset in many other instances too. It just happens because it's a mechanic of this server. Duel resetting should never be bannable as long as it's a mechanic of retro.
(04-21-2019, 06:03 PM)kfcrampage Wrote: What you should be suggesting is that the server staff makes it so that players cannot duel in the Gurubashi arena. That would fix all of these little issues. I never understand why it wasn't that way originally but I never hang out there so this is my first time finding out.

The claim that people should be banned for clever use of game mechanics? That's silly. What they're doing right now is just min maxing their abilities. People duel reset before hopping into battlegrounds, people duel reset in many other instances too. It just happens because it's a mechanic of this server. Duel resetting should never be bannable as long as it's a mechanic of retro.

Regardless whether you're against or for it it's not clever use of game mechanics to exploit a feature purposely designed only for duels which is like doing terrain exploits with pots and shit and mark it as clever use your examples also don't match at all because the equal level of exploiting would be to duel reset inside that area. for example: before going for any AB base / WSG flag or drop it midway when nobody is near to reset cooldowns / Duel in front of the boss or even use combat leaving items/abilities to reset infight.
Look what I'm saying is if you're a hardcore player and there's a way to reset cooldowns because it's still allowed by GMs then it's completely fair game. The rest of the people can duel reset outside of the arena after dying and walk back in with their cooldowns ready to. Is that not fair?

and as for the comparison between every encounter in a battleground? You can't use that because we can't duel reset in battlegrounds anyway. The arena you just need a competent group of people to go kill them. You can even TEAM UP on said players who are doing this 10v5 and win.

Overall this should never be considered a bannable offense as someone from a third party (me or whomever never goes into the arena). If you want it fixed then you ask the GMs to make the whole gurubashi arena a non dueling area and they can literally program that on the server to be that way.
Isn't it kinda the point of this thread tho'? Sure this is implemented like this although purposely for duels (it's even named .duel on) it's abused and misused for other purposes. Furthermore, you are incorrect about it being completely allowed by GM because some situations are considered exploiting while others are apparently not as stated by BAM in discord which is a really unclear way to define something.

Also, of course, it's not a thing in Battleground (thank god) my comparison was a scenario of something equivalent stupid but you're right a no duel zone would be the smarter and smartest way of binding this.
Is the Arena's purpose to have a FFA PvP? Then remove grouping. But then people dont attack each other. Give a debuff people cant abuse. Create some conditions like how long someone standing on a Mount without moving or players standing near each other without fighting or how long did a player not attack/get attacked by someone while in the arena. Give some really cool debuff if these conditions are met, like reduce all armor to 0 or damage received by 200% so anyone can get such people out of it the way everyone should be: by fighting. An attempt to group while in the arena or players who jump into the arena grouped should get some really really cool debuff too, maybe a nice dot that keeps ticking while grouped inside the arena.
I've witnessed people punished for this offence many times. Perm is a bit excessive however...

GM's cant be everywhere at all times. But just remember sometimes they are and rule breakers will get their comeuppance in the end.