Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rewards for PVP ranking
Thumbs Up 
And especially Rank 14. Since new core it's incredibly hard to grind compared to what it used to be. I think there have to be some rewards for rank 14 in order to motivate people. Maybe pvp gear for free if you reach that? Or some naxx pieces free i guess? Or vanity rewards?
Thoughts?
I prefer how it was on the old core (no decay of rank).

Having said this, I don't really care about rewards one way or the other, as long as they don't force us to grind.
Νο decay to rank is not real vanilla so its better now.
Maybe at r14 all gear is free? Otherwiseu gotta pay ?
Gear and items for free I see as a terrible idea. However vanity, mounts whatever seems like a good idea. No reason to change the current system, on how to gear up i think
"incredibly hard to grind".
You wouldn't of stood a chance on retail.

I personally prefer honor decay as it is now, there were too many high ranking players running about, the title means more to people who have never had to actually grind through the original system.

If you lived through it you'd understand how stupid the original retail pvp system was.

If you can't afford the gear by the time you hit rank 14 on this server you're doing something wrong. Especially now AV is here and you can rack up 100's of PvP tokens in a match.
Yeah I agree with Glitch, my hunter is hovering around the rank of Knight-Champion (which is kind of ironic since it was my max rank in retail vanilla), basically I play enough here to maintain that rank.

But with the old system (old core RetroWoW) either everyone was a GM or had no title. Having some variety is nice via the decay - plus you can see how frequent the player PvPs if they maintain a higher rank.
"Any day above ground is a good day" ~ Leslie Feltham (Poppy)
(04-23-2019, 08:16 AM)thelm Wrote: And especially Rank 14. Since new core it's incredibly hard to grind compared to what it used to be. I think there have to be some rewards for rank 14 in order to motivate people. Maybe pvp gear for free if you reach that? Or some naxx pieces free i guess? Or vanity rewards?
Thoughts?

Had HWL before decay of new patch. Maybe GM's can give a me a bigger bag, cause I cant buy one out the shop as I am poor irl.
Huh
(04-23-2019, 02:18 PM)rusty1186 Wrote: Had HWL before decay of new patch. Maybe GM's can give a me a bigger bag, cause I cant buy one out the shop as I am poor irl.

I may have to start a Go-Fund-Me for Mort, I'm worried about you buddy (<3).
(04-23-2019, 02:30 PM)Feltham Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 02:18 PM)rusty1186 Wrote: Had HWL before decay of new patch. Maybe GM's can give a me a bigger bag, cause I cant buy one out the shop as I am poor irl.

I may have to start a Go-Fund-Me for Mort, I'm worried about you buddy (<3).

thenk for the concern..Times are tough in Africa, how does this go fund me work?
Huh
(04-24-2019, 12:07 PM)rusty1186 Wrote: thenk for the concern..Times are tough in Africa, how does this go fund me work?

I was merely joking, but a Go-Fund-Me is a site where people ask for money for a particular purpose. The purpose can be literally anything, but people have gotten into trouble via fraud through Go-Fund-Me.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/07/us/go...uilty.html - they scammed over 400K and now are paying the piper.