Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLASSIC WOW
Well, the content isn't new, they are recycling an old product and making bank off it. They have the back-end resources already, a stand-alone fee would make them their money back and then some.

The reason why they're keeping the subscription model is because they know it makes the most money.
"Any day above ground is a good day" ~ Leslie Feltham (Poppy)
(05-15-2019, 06:46 PM)Flupp Wrote: Dont have the time to level and farm.
I only want pvp and sometimes pve. Retro is all i need and it gives me all that.
So max 2 more a 1

Flupp

I am with Flup on this one, retro gives us what we need.
Huh
(05-16-2019, 11:29 AM)rusty1186 Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 06:46 PM)Flupp Wrote: Dont have the time to level and farm.
I only want pvp and sometimes pve. Retro is all i need and it gives me all that.
So max 2 more a 1

Flupp

I am with Flup on this one, retro gives us what we need.

I still love Retro-WoW and as long as it's active I will continue to be a part of it.
$15 much money xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

cmon men
(05-16-2019, 02:22 PM)fyochptwitch Wrote: $15 much money xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

cmon men

Well, Retro-Wow can do it for free so I doubt that they need 15$ per month, per player, to keep it afloat.

I don't like to reward greed.
(05-16-2019, 03:23 PM)mentos987 Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 02:22 PM)fyochptwitch Wrote: $15 much money xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

cmon men

Well, Retro-Wow can do it for free so I doubt that they need 15$ per month, per player, to keep it afloat.

I don't like to reward greed.

I had a few conversations with buddies about this. Basically - if I get enjoyment out of it - I can easily justify spending 15 dollars per month.

However, I still believe that Activition-Blizzard is taking advantage of their players because of the over-hype. They know probably over a million people will play at launch. Hell my one friend just renewed his sub for a chance at a beta key which there is a very high chance he won't get. 

It's lousy because - originally WoW needed a sub to survive. Blizzard at that time was re-investing all the sub money into the infrastructure as well as releasing new content. The hardware was constantly being upgraded to meet the demand of the game.  

Fast-forward to today. Activition-Blizzard already has the back-end to run this game. Literally all the money they make, is hand over fist - they aren't designing new content - they are recycling old content. 

It's greedy, hands down. But companies are driven by the bottom-line. Hence the future release of Diablo: Immortal.
(05-16-2019, 03:30 PM)Feltham Wrote: It's greedy, hands down. But companies are driven by the bottom-line. Hence the future release of Diablo: Immortal.

Haha This ^^. Pretty sure no one who actually likes Diablo wanted it (see reactions at the announcement), since their entire fan base...are Pc gamers (aside from the few who play on D3 on console...but they are like the red-headed stepchild in this case)...What just about everyone I've ever talked to wanted was either a remake of D2 (just with todays graphics) or D4, new era but styled like D2 (which is hands down the best one there is).
(05-16-2019, 04:26 PM)reconone Wrote: Haha This ^^. Pretty sure no one who actually likes Diablo wanted it (see reactions at the announcement), since their entire fan base...are Pc gamers (aside from the few who play on D3 on console...but they are like the red-headed stepchild in this case)...What just about everyone I've ever talked to wanted was either a remake of D2 (just with todays graphics) or D4, new era but styled like D2 (which is hands down the best one there is).

Yeah it was a huge slap in the face to the people who go to BlizzCon, i.e. hardcore gamers, not "oh I'll play this for 10 minutes on the bus" gamers. The worst part is, they're taking some mobile gaming company's game and slapping diablo skins over-top, it won't even be diablo.

D2 was a great game both in it's time and even today it's fun (a few years ago me and roommate decided to play again over LAN, having an extra player makes a big difference, but the game was still fun despite being quite dated).

I don't mind remakes, but companies seem to realize they can profit from nostalgia and charge up the ass for recycled ideas.

I just figured Blizzard would have a bit of respect for the players that have supported their products for so long, but like stated before, companies are about making money.
(05-16-2019, 02:22 PM)fyochptwitch :) Wrote: $15 much money xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

cmon men

It is too much.
Not saying can't afford it, however it isnt justified. (Servers, bandwidth and developers are all cheaper now than in 2005.)

Was fine when i was a student and had the ability to play 18 hours out of the day.

I'd rather buy $15 worth of brown and mainline it straight into my eyeball. EVERY MONTH!
(05-16-2019, 06:05 PM)Glitch Wrote:

cmon men

It is too much.
Not saying can't afford it, however it isnt justified. (Servers, bandwidth and developers are all cheaper now than in 2005.)

Was fine when i was a student and had the ability to play 18 hours out of the day.

I'd rather buy $15 worth of brown and mainline it straight into my eyeball. EVERY MONTH!

mainlining it straight into an eyeball sounds like my kind of fun! sign me up
Huh