Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning Retro Wow!
Smile 
Hello Everyone! Its been over a decade since I have played WoW (Stopped after BC). I rolled a dwarf priest (raided back then as a rogue). Really just trying to re learn and get some practice/ see content. Any beginner guilds out there have room for a noob? Thanks for reading. Have a great day.  Smile
Hi, Crookedway!

Welcome to RetroWoW!

I don't keep track of guilds etc, there are a lot of them here, though.
What I can advice you to do, though, is to just go through some pugs here and there and try to make some friends to run with more times, maybe any1 of them has a guild?

Have fun!

//Twitch.
Thanks a lot man, I guess im still learning the nuances of the priest class. I see a lot of BE Geared and dont be dumb for pugs, which i understand for sure (ill have to grind a bit and gear),  also wondering how the raid mechanics work with 5 man. Hoping there are some guilds that maybe are newer or old players getting back into the game. Thanks for your reply. Have a good one.
You're not easily able to do bosses that require a poison cleanse like chromaggus/maexxna/huhuran
so just keep that in mind

I'd probably gear a paladin and gear the priest healer 2nd simply because priests do have it a bit hard here doing raids as progression.
Thanks for the advice. I guess ill try to find some experience in MC and ZG to figure out a "rhythm" to healing in general. Paladin is interesting also. Have a good one.
Paladin healing is really straight forward, you're basically a mana battery. Paladins are just raw healing, no HoTs, no shields, but they last forever. Paladins also have more tricks up their sleeve, but for now just focus on keeping your raid alive.

Based on your relative gear, you use lower rank spells to converse mana, it's a bit of a ratio. For all intents and purposes, you can basically spam flash of light 24/7. Paladin healing spell crits award 100% of the mana back.

I'm not saying don't make a priest, but in the retro-WoW environment, a paladin will always work.
"Any day above ground is a good day" ~ Leslie Feltham (Poppy)
Ok RIP my priest for now. She was a bit ugly when all was said and done haha. Going to make a dwarf paladin not quite as ugly, and get her going through a little donating, spam flash of light not bad, easy enough. Any other tricks ? Really appreciate this also.
(06-21-2019, 01:25 PM)Crookedway Wrote: Ok RIP my priest for now. She was a bit ugly when all was said and done haha. Going to make a dwarf paladin not quite as ugly, and get her going through a little donating, spam flash of light not bad, easy enough. Any other tricks ? Really appreciate this also.

No worries man,

I don't have a guide or anything handy, but essentially you just want to keep everyone topped off at all times via flash of light and be prepared to drop bigger heals on the tank if required. You can spam a lower rank flash basically 24/7, you can experiment on yourself (just time how long you can heal straight for).

During "oh shit" moments, you can use Divine Favour (https://classicdb.ch/?spell=20216), coupled with a max rank holy light, or if it's super desperate use Holy Shock (https://classicdb.ch/?spell=20930). You want to save these spells for crucial moments.

Basically you need to prioritize healing, you'll figure it out as you go along. It's a mix of monitoring your party's health, your position and the mechanics of the raid itself. Also, make sure you don't die too! Basically, it goes Tank > You > DPS.

But a paladin is mechanically easier than the other healers for sure, which in turn will make it easier for you to learn the encounters.
"Any day above ground is a good day" ~ Leslie Feltham (Poppy)
Fantastic! Excited to get this rolling. That is some great advice. mechanically easier is the most appealing part to me. You guys are super helpful, ill pug along and see how it goes. Cheers!
(06-20-2019, 08:57 PM)Crookedway Wrote: Thanks a lot man, I guess im still learning the nuances of the priest class. I see a lot of BE Geared and dont be dumb for pugs, which i understand for sure (ill have to grind a bit and gear),  also wondering how the raid mechanics work with 5 man. Hoping there are some guilds that maybe are newer or old players getting back into the game. Thanks for your reply. Have a good one.

hi again,

do /who twitch ingame and whisper me, ill carry u thru some