Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Prems!
Pls STOP BAD PREMS - Many BAD PREMS, makes me cry IRL. 

Pls, my head get very sore when many player in prem back peddle. 

Pls QQ
Huh
Turtel all day - everyday.
         <Yakuza>
Retro's best player lolexdi

the majority of "prems" here is just geared people grouping together, most of them don't play objectives etc.

It would be nice to have some prems vs prems tbh, but I doubt it's gonna happen
(07-09-2019, 11:03 AM)rusty1186 Wrote: Pls STOP BAD PREMS - Many BAD PREMS, makes me cry IRL. 

CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Yes, some prem v prem is ideal. I think they should have a separate Que for all forms of prems, even AV prems. But you have to have a prem to que, instead prems now qing vs a bunch of d1s, there will also be some competition etc.
Huh
This topic has been beat to shit for four years.

I'd put good money on the current queuing system never changing.
"Any day above ground is a good day" ~ Leslie Feltham (Poppy)
I wonder what their reason is for not accepting the suggestion? they can even do a ptr of it first, people wil ofc really welcome it.

When I do ever prem (which is hardly ever) I used to like going up against another prem, trying to catch them in the same bg was exhausting.
Huh
(07-09-2019, 03:32 PM)rusty1186 Wrote: I wonder what their reason is for not accepting the suggestion? they can even do a ptr of it first, people wil ofc really welcome it.

When I do ever prem (which is hardly ever) I used to like going up against another prem, trying to catch them in the same bg was exhausting.

I'm not denying the benefit of such a system, but from a design standpoint versus monetary gain - it (probably) isn't worth their time - if it's even a feasible request.

We can speculate it's easy to modify the current queuing system - but unfortunately I have zero experience working/modifying private servers and don't have the time to learn now.

I know recently with the hype of classic, there has been an influx of players - with this were going to get a mixed bag. We don't even know the intentions of the new players - they could be merely testing crap and the expense of other players experience in BGs, or never even played vanilla before.

Basically, it would be my understanding the developers are satisfied with the system (group Q WSG, single Q AB/AV) despite player concerns about unbalanced/pointless games.

Even when I played retail vanilla, it was a mixed bag. There was enough variance that if you get a bad game, just suck it up and move on to the next. If I know there's nothing I can do to win the game, just try to have fun and move on.

I can feel your pain when you're wanted to play some serious games but end up getting into bullshit WSG after another, it sucks but it's the nature of the beast in my opinion.
"Any day above ground is a good day" ~ Leslie Feltham (Poppy)
going up against premades is most likely due to the fact that 10 people que and the BG slots fill instantly and since they are in a group it drops all extras in the que to prioritize the premade.

here is the server actions list they are likely using which can be parsed for battleground information.
https://github.com/mangoszero/server/blo...nf.dist.in

however what you are talking about is modifying the underlying subsystem for those commands.

looking here we can see there is no function for what you are talking about https://github.com/ElunaLuaEngine/Eluna/...dMethods.h

this means they would actually have to write a full namespace subsystem to implement this change you want.