Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Bindings of the Windseeker
#1
Hey, guys!!

What’s % drop binding of the wind??

I've been walking for a month now. maybe need to do some kind of quests or there are still conditions??
Reply
#2
They have a 3% drop chance (https://classicdb.ch/?item=18563)

You could make a spreadsheet using probability to give you an idea of how many trials it may take - but regardless you have a 3/100 chance per run of getting it. The trials are independent, however if repeated enough times it will eventually converge.

Basically, you have to keep trying - or donate - your choice.
Using the following formula, you can determine the probability of the bindings dropped based on Baron Kills.

If a single kill has a 3% chance, the probability of it not occurring is 97% per trial.

Therefore, you can model the probability as follows:

P(Bindings Dropping) = 1 - [P(Not Dropping) ^ n], 'n' being the total number of trials.
P(Bindings Dropping) = 1 - [(0.97) ^ n], 

So, lets use n=1, n=10, n=25, n=50, n=100, n=200

(n=1)   : 1 - (0.97^1)   = 0.03   =  3.00%
(n=10)  : 1 - (0.97^10)  = 0.2625 = 26.25%
(n=25)  : 1 - (0.97^25)  = 0.5330 = 53.30%
(n=50)  : 1 - (0.97^50)  = 0.7819 = 78.19%
(n=100) : 1 - (0.97^100) = 0.9524 = 95.24%
(n=200) : 1 - (0.97^200) = 0.9977 = 99.77%

Hope this helps, cheers.
  Feltyham
"Any day above ground is a good day" ~ Leslie Feltham (Poppy)
Reply
#3
Math is hard felty...
Server First: Garr Binding & ZG Tiger
Guild Leader of Server First: Server First-MC,BWL,AQ40,Naxx.
One of the first server testers.
<Server First>
Reply
#4
I got thunderfurry on my mage, the kind warriors and rogues in my group didn't mind when i master looted the bindings and hearthed out, well i think they were kind, i put the groups on ignore just in case they want me to join any groups in the future
Huh
Reply
#5
(08-14-2019, 09:51 AM)rusty1186 Wrote: I got thunderfurry on my mage, the kind warriors and rogues in my group didn't mind when i master looted the bindings and hearthed out, well i think they were kind, i put the groups on ignore just in case they want me to join any groups in the future

lol +rep for your kindness!

Tf is clearly a hunter‘s weapon!
[Image: ximg.php?fid=98034626]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)