Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal: Soroflare
One of your characters from the banned account:
Soroflare
Ban Reason:
Advertising
Information about your ban:
Hi, yesterday in a non-global channel (private conversation with someone), in a conversation about duels, I typed down the name of a server.

Rule 23)  Advertising another server (Discussing about other servers in global channels will be also considered as advertising)
ADVERTISING
1 the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.:
to get more customers by advertising.
2 paid announcements; advertisements.
3 the profession of planning, designing, and writing advertisements.

Advertising is not what I did, what I did was type down the name of a server.
Additional Information:
When I created my RetroWoW in game account, I fully read the presented TOS, and nowhere does it state that typing down the name of a server is forbidden; the TOS does not even say that advertising is forbidden.
Furthermore, within the TOS, nowhere does it redirect the reader to any link toward the forum whatsoever; leaving the reader completely unaware of the additional rules strictly written on the forum, rules which I just read for the first time right now following the creation of this RetroWoW forum account.

In any case, if the RetroWoW project team interprets the way Rule 23 is written as in that it is simply straight forward forbidden to even just type down the name of a server; now that I have read and am now aware of this rule, I respect and understand it, and give you my word that this will not happen again.
The RetroWoW project is a server that means a lot to me but I know that you obviously do not owe me anything, and so as a request from one stranger to another, and no hard feelings if you prefer not to, but I would like to let you know that I would really appreciate it if perhaps you could please unban my account.

soro
Hello

Ban appeal declined.

Closed thread.
[Image: SGuVwB1.jpg]