Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Player can't really do anything except PvP it seems
I don't care what other ppl say but as a new player on this server i kinda understand why there not more then 240peak(of what i saw) online. It seems 90% of the people only take geared ppl to mc/bwl etc etc. When you say ur a starter geared (preraid bis) most say f off it seems. In the last week i've searched for something with my heal/mage/wl i really haven't found any 1 wanting to grp up. So it doesn't suprise me that new player quit after like 5days of trying to find any 1 to play with. The only thing your really able to do is go to warsong/arathi so  yea.

And PS: New player dont want to freaking grind 10k gold for T2 or whatever they want to start going asap so dont start with freaking go grind or something along the line i dont think most of you really did that at the beginning.

Edit: And yes i freakin registerd a account to just post this.
never had problems like that geared 6 characters from scraps , like this , but if you play Spriest or ret paladin dont expect situation to get better
No im playing mostly holy and dont even have a pala as said i only got priest/wl and mage and haven't had either luck to get a grp
I made a lock and got 4 pieces t2.5 on the first day...with pugs.
You can easily get full bwl gear in 1 week...

No idea why you whine about pve. Its so easy.
Pvp on the other hand. Gl fighting vs full t3 with starter gear.
Server seems like it's been up for a long time. I wonder if there would be a big opposition to boosting the starter gear. I get it, people have been here a while and don't want to see new players get gear easier and faster than you did. I would probably have that feeling too, but imagine it from our side. 

I love playing Enhancement (and played a Ret/Holy Paladin ten years ago, made it to Rank 12 and AQ40) but I know, as popsis stated, it was pretty much impossible to group as off spec healing classes. I don't imagine it's any different here than it was back then. The animosity towards tanking paladins even in TBC was rough. I was kicked from a guild once after I won a roll and used the loot token for prot gear because I wanted to switch from healing to tanking. It was such an awful experience I retired my amazing paladin and rerolled Shaman, because I saw a melee hybrid that people welcomed, at that point. I ended up playing Shaman longer than I played paladin, up until Mists was announced.

Back to my point, it's really discouraging to try to PvP in starter gear, let alone against all the premade groups there seem to be. People see someone in starter gear and just target you for the whole game, you're a free HK. It doesn't make you want to stick around and grind.
Upgrading the starter gear won't be needed, since you can do pretty much all(including) AQ40 in full starter gear.
It's just that majority of the people who looks for other people to form a group to various content, often seem
to not have a clue what gear you actually would need for said content. Either that, or the party leader just want
to do said content fast and smooth, with geared people.

Upgrading the starter gear would in my opinion ruin the whole point of this server, as the point is that you will
have to work somewhat hard to get some gear. You will have to invest some time, to become eligible to do Naxxramas,
for instance. That is just how it is rupposed to be imho.

If we are going to talk about things to change, there is loads of other stuff that could've been done either better or
in a completely different way that would enhance the experience playing on this server, but listing all of these
things would make me go somewhat off-topic, so I will refrain from doing that. And probably start a whole new thread
about it whenever I feel like it.

And btw, you do not have the authority to speak for all the new players, when saying they don't want to grind for gear.
Not everyone likes to get high-end gear handed to you on a silver plate. I think the majority of people actually
likes to grind to get their gear, but that's just my assumption.
I'm not saying upgrade to AQ40 gear straight out of character creation. Neither did I say nobody likes to grind. The supposed "authority" that you seem to think I speak with just comes from observation of what people say in BG (and forum posts here) over the past weekend.

How did you feel when you first made a character here a month ago, assuming your forum join date is close to you realm join? What class did you play?

Would it be ridiculous ask for up to level 65, maybe 66-71 gear?
Hmm i didn't read any comment or the post but what u mean with u cant do anything else PVP .
There's always people help starters , and start with BWL is best for you try to get your self in one , or even start with CI Quest and get some items there is good gear with low prices in npcs
There is a lot of 'geared only' LFG posting, but I've got in to a few groups by basically saying 'hi, I'm new, got shit gear but I'm not a retard, know my class, and can carry out instructions'. That's basically worked for me.

Then you need to actually carry out that promise in the group, get involved in chatting with your group if you can, make friends basically, and then people will remember next time that you're not a fuckwit and can be trusted.

The first impression of someone in starter gear is that you're an idiot who doesn't know how to play, you have to get past that by being someone who can be trusted in a group.
It might also be because starter gear means that you didn't invest time into your character so you are likely to be someone not familiar with the game at all, or not taking it seriously, which can happen.

(05-10-2016, 09:53 AM)Soulscard Wrote: There is a lot of 'geared only' LFG posting, but I've got in to a few groups by basically saying 'hi, I'm new, got shit gear but I'm not a retard, know my class, and can carry out instructions'. That's basically worked for me.

Then you need to actually carry out that promise in the group, get involved in chatting with your group if you can, make friends basically, and then people will remember next time that you're not a fuckwit and can be trusted.

The first impression of someone in starter gear is that you're an idiot who doesn't know how to play, you have to get past that by being someone who can be trusted in a group.

I'd expect this to work.
-Melty aka Finitude