Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Regarding ban policies
(08-04-2022, 04:00 PM)mentos987 Wrote: "I've yet to come across a single player in my entire time playing WoW (since 2006) that quit the game because someone called them a bad name; in reality, they came back harder and became much better, and the server(s) were enhanced for it."

I know of plenty of players that leave games because of what they call "toxicity". This is not a problem for Retro WoW but let us not pretend it is not a common problem for gaming communities in general.

And if a server is "enhanced" when players are called bad names you may as well program bots to constantly spam insults to everyone and everything. I wonder why the gaming industry haven't implemented this brilliant idea yet.

It isn't a problem, it really doesn't happen to a significant degree. If it does, it's to pathetic casuals and sissies who drift from game to game and are better suited for hello kitty games. Toxicity is a leftist buzzword for ignorant zoomers who want to shut down any thought or speech they don't like.

As for why big Game Studios haven't implemented this as a specific policy, it's likely due to liability (thanks to increasingly absurd speech laws etc. everywhere, publicity, and profitability). Here we're talking about what makes pet project private wow servers better and what makes better communities for playing on, which is a distinctly different goal
(08-14-2022, 04:42 PM)mithrim Wrote:
(08-04-2022, 04:00 PM)mentos987 Wrote: "I've yet to come across a single player in my entire time playing WoW (since 2006) that quit the game because someone called them a bad name; in reality, they came back harder and became much better, and the server(s) were enhanced for it."

I know of plenty of players that leave games because of what they call "toxicity". This is not a problem for Retro WoW but let us not pretend it is not a common problem for gaming communities in general.

And if a server is "enhanced" when players are called bad names you may as well program bots to constantly spam insults to everyone and everything. I wonder why the gaming industry haven't implemented this brilliant idea yet.

It isn't a problem, it really doesn't happen to a significant degree. If it does, it's to pathetic casuals and sissies who drift from game to game and are better suited for hello kitty games. Toxicity is a leftist buzzword for ignorant zoomers who want to shut down any thought or speech they don't like.

As for why big Game Studios haven't implemented this as a specific policy, it's likely due to liability (thanks to increasingly absurd speech laws etc. everywhere, publicity, and profitability). Here we're talking about what makes pet project private wow servers better and what makes better communities for playing on, which is a distinctly different goal

This is exactly right. The more you answer to complaint, the more complaint you will get, the more absurd the complaining gets. You must let people settle their differences on their own, failure to do so means NO FUN HERE.